188.8.131.52 Uses and applications of electromagnetic waves
4.1.3 National and global energy resources
Electromagnetic waves have many practical applications. For example:
- radio waves – television and radio
- microwaves – satellite communications, cooking food
- infrared – electrical heaters, cooking food, infrared cameras
- visible light – fibre optic communications
- ultraviolet – energy efficient lamps, sun tanning
- X-rays and gamma rays – medical imaging and treatments.
- (HT only) Students should be able to give brief explanations why each type of electromagnetic wave is suitable for the practical application.
(HT only) WS 1.4 Explain everyday and technological applications of science; evaluate associated personal, social, economic and environmental implications; and make decisions based on the evaluation of evidence and arguments.
Asthma attack risk for selected student?