Electrical charge and current
22.214.171.124 Electrical charge and current
- For electrical charge to flow through a closed circuit the circuit must include a source of potential difference.
Electric current is a flow of electrical charge. The size of the electric current is the rate of flow of electrical charge. Charge flow, current and time are linked by the equation:
charge flow = current × time
charge flow, Q, in coulombs, C
current, I, in amperes, A (amp is acceptable for ampere)
time, t, in seconds, s
A current has the same value at any point in a single closed loop.
MS 3b Change the subject of an equation
MS 3c Substitute numerical values into algebraic equations using appropriate units for physical quantities
- Balloon to blow up to explain static electricity - show it sticking to the wall
- Use the tesla coil to show a "field" lighing up neons.
- Vandaar graaf
- 2x Foil with leads (croc clips)
11 x collection of cloth and plastic rulers
11 x coke cans for racing.
- Warn students of posibility of a small shock