- Decomposition (biology only)
- Students should be able to explain how temperature, water and availability of oxygen affect the rate of decay of biological material.
- Students should be able to:
- calculate rate changes in the decay of biological material
- translate information between numerical and graphical form
- plot and draw appropriate graphs selecting appropriate scales for the axes.
- Gardeners and farmers try to provide optimum conditions for rapid decay of waste biological material. The compost produced is used as a natural fertiliser for growing garden plants or crops.
- Anaerobic decay produces methane gas. Biogas generators can be used to produce methane gas as a fuel.
Use ratios, fractions and percentages,
Translate information between graphical and numeric form,
Plot two variables from experimental or other data