7th Grade Curriculum
The curriculum divides the year into the following five units:
The Number System
- Apply and extend previous understandings of operations with fractions to add, subtract, multiply, and divide rational numbers.
Ratios and Proportions
- Analyze proportional relationships and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
Expressions and Equations
- Use properties of operations to generate equivalent expressions.
- Solve real-life and mathematical problems using numerical and algebraic expressions and equations.
- Draw, construct and describe geometrical figures and describe the relationships between them.
- Solve real-life and mathematical problems involving angle measure, area, surface area, and volume.
Statistics and Probability
- Use random sampling to draw inferences about a population.
- Draw informal comparative inferences about two populations.
- Investigate chance processes and develop, use, and evaluate probability models.
The NJ Student Learning Standards for 7th Grade Math can be viewed on the link below.