Welcome to Mr. Cieslak's 4th Grade ELA Class! This site contains all the resources you will need to have a fun and successful fourth grade year.
What's Happening in ELA?
Week of 10/23/17
- Publishing descriptive paragraphs about a student-created monster
- Starting realistic fiction unit, focusing on character development and conflict
Group 1: Test on Tuesday, October 31 (choice board due)
Group 2: Test on Monday, October 23 (choice board due)
Group 3: Test on Tuesday, October 24 (choice board due)
Group 4: Test on Thursday, October 26 (choice board due)
- Comparing and contrasting antagonist and protagonist and identifying the types of characters during independent reading.
- Identifying setting and describing how it enhances the mood of the text.
Guided Reading/Literacy Centers
- Using the RACE strategy to write responses to our reading
- Working on Week 1 Vocabulary for this week (Test on these words on Wednesday, October 25). New list distributed on Wednesday.
- Practicing grammar skill: identifying and writing prepositional phrases