Welcome to Mr. Cieslak's 4th Grade ELA Class! This site contains all the resources you will need to have a fun and successful fourth grade year.
What's Happening in ELA?
Week of 10/15/18
- Peer editing of personal narratives
- Work on descriptive writing: "Monster Writing"
- Begin realistic fiction writing unit (generating ideas)
- Group 1: Test on 10/19.
- Group 2: Test on 10/22.
- Group 3: Test on 10/23.
- Group 4: Test on 10/16. Receive new list of words on 10/18
Grammar Lesson: Grammar Review of Types of sentences, subjects and predicates, and run-on sentences/sentence fragments (Quiz on Wed., Oct. 24)
*Vocabulary Test on Week 3 Vocabulary words-10/17 (Week 4 Vocabulary words introduced)*
- Describe how a character can be complex (having certain traits that contrast).
- Back up ideas about characters using evidence from the text.
- Read aloud next few chapters in our whole class novel, The Tiger Rising.
Guided Reading/Literacy Centers
- Completing Daily Practice (Daily Language & Comprehension Week 5)-Determining Important Information
- Using the RACE strategy to answer an extended response question based on a story.
- Guided reading and literacy centers (Reading independently, RAZ Kids, Vocabulary, Grammar, and Reading Comprehension)
* Reader Response due Thursday, 10/18.