Tech Help 4 Teachers
Creating Webpage with Google Sites
Need to publish a web presence fast?
15 minutes can not only save you a ton of money on car insurance, but can also equip you with the skills needed to make your campus administrator happy. Who knows? it might even inspire you to the best YOU you can be!
Prerequisite: Determine the content to be posted on your website. I recommend, at the very least, the following:
- information about your class
- any requirement your campus administrator has established.
Final Notes: After you publish your website
- copy the url of your published website
- paste that url in an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your website will soon be linked to our website on the faculty page of your campus.
PS - I forgot something.
Installing Printers On MacBook Airs
It's easy to install the printers you need.
- Just click on your Launchpad (the icon with a rocket on it) and swipe to the second page.
- You will see another icon called "Self Service". Click on it.
- Look on the right side under "Categories" for your campus's printers.
The rest is self explanatory, but if it makes you feel better, feel free to watch this video.
Macbook Printing Problems
Are you getting pages that print that tell you that you need a code?
Watch the video below to see how to resolve this issue. If you don't see the printers this video refers, then watch Installing Printers On MacBook Airs.
NOTE: Here are the past Operating Systems in our district.
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard – version 10.6, publicly unveiled on Monday, June 8, 2009
- Mac OS X Lion – version 10.7, released to end users on Wednesday, July 20, 2011
- OS X Mountain Lion – version 10.8, released to end users on Wednesday, July 25, 2012
- OS X Mavericks – version 10.9, released to end users on Tuesday, October 22, 2013
- OS X Yosemite – version 10.10, released to end users on Thursday, October 16, 2014
- OS X El Capitan – version 10.11, released to end users on Wednesday, September 30, 2015
- macOS Sierra – version 10.12, released to end users on Tuesday, September 20, 2016
- macOS High Sierra – version 10.13, released to end users on Monday, September 25, 2017
- macOS Mojave – version 10.14, released to end users on Monday, September 24, 2018
Any device that is operating with systems mentioned above the dashed line will need to be re-imaged for our new copiers to work. We will be able to save your files. We back up the following directories on your mac
- Music (if any)
- Movies (if any)
- Photos (if any)
Watch video on how to determine and how you can select the correct device.