Banner is the enterprise system we use to access student records, course rosters, add codes, drop students, and submit final course grades. Each of the links below refers to videos about how to complete most of the common tasks in Banner. Some of the videos make use of a flash plugin in order to view them. We will be updating these over time as the new version of Banner is installed.
Here's a link to closed-captioned videos demonstrating common tasks in Banner:
Finding and changing your ID and password to the Banner/Pipeline system Manipulate the visual layout of Banner channels Print your own rosters(Admissions will NOT be sending paper rosters to you via intra-campus mail) Download rostersfor use in Excel
- Dropping Students
Prepare your rosters to download and import in Micrograde View individual student contact information
- Access Mass rosters - Department chairs, program leads, and counseling faculty
- Check rosters for add, drop and withdrawal deadlines. Deadlines are now specific to each section based on daily attendance accounting.
- Waitlists and Add Authorization Codes – Not all courses have waitlist functionality. Each instructor/Department Chair must set this option up prior to course enrollment occurring in the section. To do so you would need to contact the Scheduling Office. If the course does have an active waitlist, the instructor will have access to his/her course add codes one day prior to the start of the course.
- Submit your No Show Drops online for non-attendance online through the last day to withdraw deadlines
- Enter final grades online.
- Reporting positive attendance for credit and non-credit classes.
- Add course section specific information in Banner if you want students to access information specific to your course ahead of time.
To assist you with learning these new skills, please contact us at frc-group [at] pipeline [dot] sbcc [dot] edu.
If students come to you with questions about using the Banner system for registering for their classes, you can offer them the following alternatives for assistance: 1) send them to the Student Technical Help Desk located in the Campus Center (CC-228), 2) have them contact the Student Help Desk at http://www.sbcc.edu/support/contact/, or3) have them call the Student Help Desk (805) 987-3549.
If you have any questions about the Banner training options, contact the Faculty Resource Center at extension 2860, or frc-group [at] pipeline [dot] sbcc [dot] edu. If you have trouble accessing or logging into Banner, contact the college’s Information Technology (IT) help desk at 805-965-0581, X2215 or at helpdesk[at]sbcc.edu.
Before you get started, take a moment to review the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) regarding the disclosure/non-disclosure of student information including student grades, etc.
FERPA website (http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html)
Campus Pipeline is the portal or hub to all of the enterprise computer systems that faculty, staff, and students use at the college. This includes the college's official email tool (Gmail), the college Google calendar, Starfish (student early alert and connect system), and Canvas (the college's online course, hybrid course, and web enhanced learning management system).
Pipeline - Secure Access Login https://pipeline.sbcc.edu
Need Help - account password management
First time logging in. Find and set up your account
Faculty Tab - Most of the tools you will access on a regular basis can be found under the Faculty Tab.
Enter Flex Hours
Print or View your Class Rosters
Download Class Rosters (Excel)
Grades - Enter Final Grades
Faculty Packet Submission Tool
SLO Scoring (Credit)
SLO Scoring (Non-Credit)
Historical Class Rosters - Access to student contact information, and grades by term