Google mail (Gmail) is the college's email system for contacting students and other college personnel. Any official mail sent to students should be sent to a student's college google mail address. Here is an example of a student's email address for the college: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access your college email, log into Campus Pipeline and select the Email link. Selecting this link will open your Gmail in a new browser window.
Guides for using Gmail at the college - As this is a Google tool, we have linked to many of Google's and other's support materials for using Google mail (Gmail).
- Compose Email - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6583?hl=en
- Email Entire Class using IT created Google Groups for your CRN (how to add your TA to the group)
- Setting up a Google address alias - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/12096?hl=en
- Delete Email Messages - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7401?hl=en
- Automatically forward Gmail messages to another account - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en
- Send attachments with your Gmail message - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6584?hl=en
- Gmail: Find messages using Gmail's search - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JPRXNHZxvE
- Sorting your incoming mail using Gmail filter and labels - ??
- Opening & download attachments in Gmail - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/30719?hl=en&ref_topic=3394652
- Reply to Gmail messages - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6585?hl=en
- Forward message (individual or entire conversation) - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6586?hl=en
- Spell Check Gmail messages - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7987?hl=en
- Using Canned responses - compose a reply once and save the message text with "Canned responses". You can later open the same message and send it again. http://blog.hubspot.com/sales/gmail-templates-canned-responses#sm.00171yfm244lens11pz2ekfl6nbnj
- Out of office or vacation reply - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/25922?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
- Create a Gmail signature - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8395?hl=en
- Muting or ignoring conversations - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/47787?hl=en&ref_topic=3394652
Gmail tips that are specific to SBCC
- Sending email to an entire class of students
- Setting up Gmail as your default email in an internet browser
Google Calendar is an interactive calendar tool that many college faculty members and staff use. Like Gmail above, we have linked to many of Google's online support for Google calendar.
- Views of calendar (Day, Week, Monthly)
- Adding a new calendar event
- Creating or Editing a calendar event
- Creating repeating item/event
- Inviting someone at SBCC to a meeting
- Creating an appointment slot for signups (lynda.com video)
- Sharing YOUR calendar with other SBCC personnel
- Printing your calendar