Canvas (Instructure) is the college's learning management system. It houses the majority of online, hybrid, and blended courses at the college. The Canvas Guide for Instructors contains many step-by-step guides and videos that help faculty complete common tasks in Canvas.
Canvas provides a web page to indicate the status of its system and any potential, intermittent problems with its toolset. Canvas also provides a roadmap to indicate what's in the planning, development, and just completed stages of the product.
These additional links below are to resources we've developed or have been developed by the California Community College's online training unit - @ONE. Over time we will be developing and adding more resources to address SBCC faculty members' specific questions not addressed in Canvas help. Note, there is a direct link (see icon below) to Canvas instructor and student help in the Canvas toolbar after you log into Canvas.
SBCC Faculty Resource Center Canvas Guides
- Logging into canvas and finding your courses (doc) - Faculty and Students
- How do students view instructor Feedback (notes) from the speedgrader.
- Creating cross-listed or super-sections (combined sections/CRNs) in Canvas - Canvas Guide to...
- How to add a co-instructor or evaluator to your Canvas course
- Adding background images to your course icons on your Canvas Dashboard
- Course settings
- Using Canvas Analytics to Monitor Student Progress
- McGraw-Hill Connect
- Export your Grade book and submit to Admissions
- Regrading quiz/test options in Canvas
@ONE and OEI (California Community College Resources)
- SBCC DE Self-Assessment
- OEI Course Design Rubric
- Building Accessible Courses
- Online Educational Initiative Rubric for online classes
Canvas Community Shared Resources (International/National)
- Making use of Badges in your Courses
- Move large number of Canvas questions from one question bank to another (a bit technical so be careful)
Online Discussion Strategies