Mrs. Poynter's PE
Welcome to Physical Education at Pinnacle Classical Academy! I'm Sally Poynter and this is my first year teaching PE. I came to PCA after teaching NC Pre-K for twelve years at a local child care center here in Shelby. I have been married to my husband Brad for 9 years and we have two children, Dax who is six and Miller Reese who is three. When I'm not working, I enjoying spending time with my family! We love to be outdoors camping, canoeing, hiking, and boating. I am so excited to begin a new career at Pinnacle and I look forward to a wonderful school year!
Look below at our school calendar to see important dates and upcoming sporting events...
How can YOU get your child UP and MOVING?
As a parent, you can help shape your child's attitudes and behaviors toward physical activity, and knowing these guidelines is a great place to start. Throughout their lives, encourage young people to be physically active for one hour or more each day, with activities ranging from informal, active play to organized sports. Here are some ways you can do this:
- Set a positive example by leading an active lifestyle yourself.
- Make physical activity part of your family's daily routine by taking family walks or playing active games together.
- Give your children equipment that encourages physical activity.
- Take young people to places where they can be active, such as public parks, community baseball fields or basketball courts.
- Be positive about the physical activities in which your child participates and encourage them to be interested in new activities.
- Make physical activity fun. Fun activities can be anything your child enjoys, either structured or non-structured. Activities can range from team sports or individual sports to recreational activities such as walking, running, skating, bicycling, swimming, playground activities or free-time play.
- Instead of watching television after dinner, encourage your child to find fun activities to do on their own or with friends and family, such as walking, playing chase or riding bikes.
- Be safe! Always provide protective equipment such as helmets, wrist pads or knee pads and ensure that activity is age-appropriate.
**Support PCA's Athletics Program**
Click on the link below to check out PCA's new Fan Gear/Spirit Wear for sale online! The store will be open for a limited time so that you will be able to get your items before winter break.
PE Wish List...
Utility/Milk Crates for storage
Amazon Gift Cards
Walmart Gift Cards
Ping Pong Table (3-5)