Mrs. Amy Hastings
I grew up in Gaston County and graduated from Bessemer City High School in 2003. In 2009 I graduated from UNC Charlotte with a degree in Elementary Education. I have taught in Charlotte-Meck, Lincoln, and Cleveland County.
I married my husband Kevin Hastings in May of 2008!
We have two children; Austin is 7 and Isabelle 5
About Mrs. Hastings:
- I have always loved working with children! I taught dance through high school and college. I also worked in a daycare center.
- My passion has always been dance and theater. I love infusing creative movement into the classroom. One of the biggest thrills is seeing my daughter dance for the studio I went to growing up and develop her love of the arts!
- I love all things crafty!! There is always a "project" going on in my house.
- Animals are my weakness. We have 2 very spoiled dogs ( Roscoe and Bailey) and a cat (Kitty).
- I am the Aunt of 3 nephews!
- Reading is my jam! I love introducing students to books and reading aloud to my class.
Our Dancing Queen
My Favorite Baseball Player
Birthday: January 10th
Favorite Food: Chick-fil-a, any Mexican food restaurant, 238 Pizzeria
Favorite Shopping: Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Amazon, Hobby Lobby, Simply Southern
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Vacation: Disney!!!
Favorite Book(s): For me.... Gone With the Wind and Scarlet.... to read to the kids.....The list is endless but the Percy Jackson series or Judy Blume books are the most fun.
Favorite Chocolate: any and all ( as long as it does not contain coconut)
Favorite Candy: Sour Path kids