In Math this week, the students will be working on Chapter 6. They received their flashcards for studying last week. I am thinking that we will have this test late next week.
- Lesson 1: Divide Multiples of 10, 100, and 1,000
- Lesson 2: Estimate Quotients
- Lesson 3: Hands On: Use Place Value to Divide
- Lesson 5: Divide with Remainders
- Lesson 6: Interpret Remainders
- Check My Progress (Lesson 1 through 6)
- Lesson 7: Place the First Digit
- Lesson 9: Divide Greater Numbers
- Check My Progress (Lesson 7 through 9)
- Lesson 10: Quotients with Zeros
- Lesson 11: Solve Multi-Step Word Problems
In Science, we are finishing the unit Blackout in Ergstown. There are 4 more units left. The student have turned in (if they were finished) their Chapter 3 materials and rubric for a grade, which should be showing up in the next week. I also have completed a grade for participation for the wind turbine lab.
In RAM, we are turning some of our focus to the results of the STAR360 results. After the latest assessment, I printed their standard alignment results and am grouping students based on this. Some of the students in my homeroom are receiving this during math class, by working with Mrs. Gray for the first 10 minutes of class. I think it will be beneficial to fill in gaps and strengthen areas identified for growth.
During Explore, students have the opportunity to work on a variety of things. Here are just some of the extensions that they are seeing right now or will be seeing soon:
- Blackout Writing (perspective viewpoint after reading about the real Northeast blackout in 2003)
- ELA Projects
- Math Challenge of the Week
I wanted to thank each of you for sending in food items for our Food Fight. We FINALLY won this year! Woo-Hoo! While it is fun to win, I told the kids that if our excessive food donations inspire others to bring more food, that it is the food bank and those that need to go there who wins. I also shared with them that this is something that I really connect with, based on my own personal experiences. So, thank you!!
Our next contest is under way and will be sneaking up on us in a couple of weeks! It is a snowflake contest and can be made of any (appropriate) material. The contest will be our last day of school prior to break.
The best way to contact me is through email. I try to check it a couple of times a day, when not scheduled out for meetings.
Keep paging down....there is more below, including important dates and other information!
Tests This Week:
- Chapter 6 Math Quiz
Tests Next Week:
- Chapter 6 Math Test
- 5th-Holiday Shop
- 6th-Ugly Sweater or Festive Holiday Shirt Day
- 10th-Winter Choral Concert 4th Grade
- 19th-Snowflakes Due
Our classroom rules:
Be the Best You Can Be!