Furry family members are welcome at camp!
**Before you bring your pets to Pilgrim Cove Camp - please read through the Pet Policy. You will be required to sign the policy and pay a refundable $200 fee. Pet friendly rooms are on a first come, first served basis. Please reserve early. When you get to camp, please check in at the office with your pet.
Pilgrim Cove Camp Pet Policy
This policy was created in response to requests from guests and volunteers. The goal of this policy is to provide clear guidelines regarding pets at Pilgrim Cove Camp, provide hygienic environment for all to enjoy and keep wild animals, who call the camp home, safe
Pilgrim Cove Camp recognizes and upholds the ADA guidelines on service animals. https://adata.org/publication/service-animals-booklet
Main Rules applies to all guests, staff, volunteers
- this policy pertains to domestic dogs and cats only, no other pets are permitted at the camp - pets are only allowed in designated pet rooms and cabins
- certain rooms/cabins will be designated pet-friendly, while the majority of areas will remain pet free to accommodate guests with allergies or other concerns.
- pets must be on leash while not inside the pet owner’s room or cabin
- owners must clean up after their pets, and discard securely bagged pet droppings in garbage dumpster (located across from main lodge)
- pets must not be left unattended (including in rooms, on decks or tethered outside)
- guests must pay a pet fee of $40 per stay, per pet, and sign the pet policy
o Any guest staying in a RV or tent does not need to pay the $40 fee
- pet owners must pay a refundable $200 damage/cleaning deposit for any damage caused by their pets before arriving in camp
- a maximum number of 2 dogs per guest room can be accommodated
- pets are not allowed inside Creech Lodge
Pets will not be allowed on the property if they to become a nuisance or create any unreasonable disturbance. Examples of nuisance behavior could include:
- Pets whose unruly behavior causes personal injury or property damage.
- Pets who make noise continuously and/or incessantly for a period of 10 minutes or more.
- Pets in common areas who are not under the complete physical control of a responsible human companion and on a hand-held leash of no more than six feet in length or in a pet carrier.
- Pets who relieve themselves on walls or floors of common areas.
- Pets who exhibit aggressive or other dangerous or potentially dangerous behavior.
- Pets who are conspicuously unclean or parasite infested.
- Aggressive animals are not allowed at camp.
- reservations for pets must be made prior to arrival to ensure that a pet friendly room/cabin is available
- all guests must sign the pet policy prior to their stay
Pertains to anyone other than guests, staff, or board members who come to work or play at the camp including volunteers and individuals hired to work at the camp (electricians, plumbers etc.)
- must sign the pet policy prior to allowing their pets out of their vehicle
- a signed pet policy form will valid for one year
- must contact the Camp Managers prior to arrival to confirm that their pet is allowed at a specific date (there may be instances when pets are not welcome due to the nature of the guests in camp)
3.) Camp managers and board members - Staff must adhere to all rules and restrictions outline in this policy.
- Additionally, the following guidelines apply:
- dogs must have a valid rabies vaccination – copy of certificate to be kept on file
- dogs must by spayed or neutered by six months of age unless the procedure is deemed medically unsafe by a veterinarian
- dogs shall not be kept, bred, or used for any commercial purpose
- may be left unattended on tether, or in cabin in a responsible way
Any staff, board member or guest observing an infraction of any of these rules shall immediately consult the pet caregiver in an effort to secure voluntary compliance. If the complaint is not resolved, the pet will be asked to leave the property. The Camp Manager also has the right to evict the pet owner and pet from the property without refund.
**Please read, sign and return the Pet Policy to Pilgrim Cove Camp Management:
Call the camp office 208-634-5555 to have your credit card number put on file for your refundable deposit – this must be done when you return the signed policy before you arrive at camp.
firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 867, McCall, ID 83638