Student Harp Competition
Saturday June 10, 2017
Students may compete in one of four categories based on their age and type of harp. Harpists age 14 and under on June 1st, 2017, are eligible for the junior division; harpists age 18 and under on June 1st, 2017, may compete in the senior division. Students may compete in either the pedal harp or lever harp division. Harpists may compete in only one division. Students must play all the pieces listed for their division. All music must be performed from memory. (Please note that the competition reserves the right to eliminate a division if not enough entries are received.)
Application forms will be available for download in February 2017. The application form including teacher’s signature, entry fee of $30, and a copy of the contestant’s birth certificate must be received by April 1st, 2017.
Both the harpist and the harpist’s teacher must be members of the Philadelphia Chapter of the American Harp Society to enter the competition. Visit phillyharp.org to join. Both student and teacher must join by May 1st, 2015 to be eligible for the competition.
Senior Pedal Harp
- Sonata in C Minor, Movement III by Giovanni Battista Pescetti
- Solfeggietto by K.P.E Bach, arranged by Marie Miller
Junior Pedal Harp
- Equisse from Feuillets d’Album by Henriette Renie
- Seguidilla from the Suite of Eight Dances by Carlos Salzedo
Senior Lever Harp
- Giga by Arcangelo Corelli, arranged by Barbara Brundage in Eighteenth Century Music
- Pastorale by Marcel Grandjany
Junior Lever Harp
- Reverie from Trois Petites Pièces by Marcel Grandjany
- Theme from Sonata by W.A. Mozart, arranged by Betty Paret in Second Harp Book
All music must be performed by memory.
WORD & PDF Registration Forms Below