PGHS Summer School
Enrollment in some courses may be limited to students based on seats available. Students will be enrolled in courses based on the following criteria:
- 1st Priority - Incoming 12th grade students who are credit deficient.
- 2nd Priority - Incoming 10th-11th grade students who are credit deficient
- 3rd Priority - Incoming 10th - 12th grade students needing to make room in their schedules for an academy/ specialized program or need grade improvement for a-g.
- 4th Priority - All other incoming 10th - 12th grade students
- 5th Priority - Incoming 9th grade students needing to make room in their schedule for an academy or specialized program
All applications must be submitted to the student services office to be date/time stamped and approved by a counselor before you are enrolled in any class.
Attendance Policy: SUMMER SCHOOL HAS NO EXCUSED ABSENCES! Students who miss two days during a term shall be automatically dropped on the 3rd absence. Students with 3 tardies shall be automatically dropped on the 4th tardy. More than 30 minutes late constitutes an absence.
Behavior Policy: A student receiving two discipline referrals will be immediately dropped. There will be no credit given for dropped students.
Available Courses (A = term 1 (fall semester course) offered in the AM Session) (B= term 2 (spring semester course) offered in the PM session)
- Math 1 A and/or B
- Math 2 A and/or B
- Math 3 A and/or B
- English 9 A and/or B
- English 10 A and/or B
- English 11 A and/or B
- **Digital Media Arts 1- A and/or B (fine art elective)
- **World History A and/or B
- US History A and/or B
- **~General Science A and/or B
- **~Biology A and/or B
- **+Computer Tech (One semester class - Offered both AM & PM)
- +Health (One semester class - Offered both AM & PM)
- +World Geography (One semester class -Offered both AM & PM)
Students may select from these courses on the registration form.
**Open for acceleration for current 10th, or 11th graders
~**Open for acceleration for students enrolled in the BioMed Academy
+Open for acceleration for incoming 9th graders