What does an AP exam score mean?
The AP score scale ranges from 5 to 1:
5 Extremely well qualified
4 Well qualified
2 Possibly qualified
1 No Recommendation
Earned scores of 3, 4, or 5 on AP exams usually result in the awarding of college credits in the corresponding subject area.
When and where are AP exams administered?
The exams usually occur the second and third week in May of each year and will be administered at Pleasant Grove High School.
How do students register for AP exams?
Students must register and pay for each exam in advance. Payment will take place at the Site Controller window in the Main Office. Payments may be made by cash, cashier’s check or money order. Money orders and cashier’s checks must be written for the exact amount and made payable to Pleasant Grove High School. The deadline for payment is in the Spring.
Exam registration materials and the Bulletin for Students and Parents will be distributed in January in the AP classes. These materials will also be available to students and their families in the Career Center.
The fee for each exam is $94.
Payment deadline: March 22nd, 2019
All students received a personalized invoice in advocacy class on Thursday, February 28th
Methods of Payment
There are two methods of payment:
1. Via cash or check. Make check payable to PGHS. Put your name and ID# on the check and turn it in (along with your personalized invoice) to the Site Controller's Window before/after school, or during your lunch period.
2. Via credit card. Credit/Debit card payments can be made online through our webstore at www.pghswebstore.com.
- Log onto the webstore. (all students have a username and password already set up – follow the directions on the webstore to log on)
- Select the (GOLD) Pay Debts button.
- Check the boxes for the tests you wish to pay for. There is a 5.3 % processing fee for using the webstore.
- Add to cart then Check out
- Turn in your AP paperwork in to the Site Controller.
You will receive your AP Testing Schedule after final payment is made.
NOTE: The actual test(s) that will be ordered will be taken from this invoice. Any additions or deletions of tests can be made prior to March 22nd. After that date $30 of your test fee is non-refundable.
Students that qualify for the Free/Reduced School Lunch Program are also eligible for a fee reduction on their AP Exams. Eligibility is based solely upon a family's income level.
If you believe you qualify, check the line under fee reduction on your personalized invoice and return the form to Mr. Hirsch or Mrs. Grovhoug in the Student Services Building. They will verify your status and then they will be in contact with you to let you know your new total amount due.
Your AP scores are available online in July. To get your scores, you must sign up for a College Board account at apscore.org.