HMS Creative and Performing Arts
Welcome to the Hyattsville Middle School Creative and Performing Arts Department!
CPA Application Window October 11th- December 1st (on-line only)
CPA Applications for the 2019-2020 SY will open live on-line October 11th-December 1st. We encourage all interested families to submit their applications as soon as the application window opens.
Link to HMS CPA Application site: https://sites.google.com/pgcps.org/pgcps-cvpacpa-application-site
- Check students PERMANENT address for boundary compliance before starting the application process.
- Please have student ID number, a list of student accomplishments, and two -three recommendation names with email addresses prepared before starting the application process.
- Please make sure that all information is accurate. There have been many cases where acceptance letters were not received because of incorrect addresses. A contact number and working email address is required.
CPA Creative Writing and CPA Media Arts Newseum Field Trip
Scheduled for November 16, 2018
CPA Music students uniform monies are DUE
Deadline : September 28, 2018
For CPA Orchestra, Band, and Chorus students, please bring your money for uniforms soon.
Dance students will need to purchase " warm up suits"
Elementary and Middle School Specialty Showcase
October 10, 2018 6:00-8:00 pm Thomas G. Pullen School
Halloween Dance sponsored by HMS CPA
Friday October 26, 2018
Come join the fun and have a 'howling' good time at our Halloween Dance. Tickets will be sold during the lunches (10/8-10/26) at the cafeteria until the the day of the dance.
UpComing CPA Dates
- CPA Application Workshop 10/13 9-1 pm ( first 100 to sign in)
- CPA Halloween Dance 10/26 6-8 pm
- CPA Application Workshop 11/13 9-1 pm (first 100 to sign in)
- Media Arts and Creative Writing FT to Newseum 11/16 9:30-2:00 pm
- CPA Spoken Word Night (Creative Writing & Theater Lab) 11/15 6:30 pm
- CPA Application Workshop 12/1 9-1 pm (first 60 to sign in)
- Winter Programs 12/12 & 12/13 6:30- 8:00 pm
- Valentines Dance 2/14 6:00 8:00 pm
- Countywide Music Assessments TBA
- Annual New York FT 4/11-4/12
- Orchestra Concert 5/16 6-7 pm
- PGCPS SPRING BREAK 4/15-4/18
- Spring Musical 5/2, 5/3, & 5/4 (2 shows)
- Media Arts/Visual Art Night 5/22 6:00-7:00 pm
- Dance Night 5/23 6-7 pm
- MUSIC IN THE PARKS 5/24
- Chorus Concert 5/28 6-7 pm
- Spring Programs 5/29 & 5/30 6:30-8 pm
November 2, 2018 End of First Quarter
Keep checking your SchoolMax and follow up with your teachers weekly. We are all here to support you and your success.
CPA Back to School Night
September 13, 2018
What a successful CPA B2SN!!! The CPA team was extremely excited about meeting our CPA families. We are looking forward to a wonderful school year with our talented students.
KUDOS to all the parents who came to CPA Back to School Night. Your support is essential to your child's success.
"Developing Dynamic Students in the ARTS for College and Career Readiness"
Hyattsville Middle School Creative and Performing Arts
CPA Application Workshops...come get support with completing your on-line application.
Check calendar for selected dates............be a part of the first 100!!!