Counselor/District Test Coordinator
I am pleased to introduce myself to you. I am Melinda Kleckner and I am the counselor at Pertolia CISD. I have been in education for 17 years as a teacher in Business and the Arts and Audio/Visual Field at Burkburnett High School.
I attended Wayland Baptist University where I received a Bachelor's of Science in Business Administration. I have a Master's in Curriculum and Instruction with a focus on Technology.
I have lived in Wichita Falls since 1991 with my husband. We have 4 children and 2 grandchildren. We enjoy family time, home improvement, and RVing when we get the chance.
My Goals for 2017-18
- Develop relationships with students, teachers and parents
- Develop an informed faculty that understands the relevance of social-emotional development, student resources, high school graduation requirements and today's careers, including new and emerging careers.
- Monitor Academic progress, attendance and behavioral concerns.
- Involve parents in their child's education.
- Provide support for faculty and administration in maintaining a safe educational environment.
- Advise students on postsecondary education and careers.
- Ensure students take a rigorous core curriculum and choose an appropriate career cluster/pathway.
- Ensure students see relevance between high school curriculum and goals for postsecondary education and the world of work.