Welcome to Pender County Schools! It is our pleasure to serve students whose custodial parents/guardians reside full-time in Pender County. Enrollment occurs at each school.
The following items must be obtained and forms completed before your child can be enrolled in a Pender County School.
- PK-8 Withdrawal Form or High School Withdrawal Form from previous school (for in-county transfers)
- Birth Certificate or Mother’s Copy
- Proof of parental rights or custody (parent’s name listed on birth certificate or a court order granting custody). The legal custodial parent/guardian must be present to enroll the student.
- Proof of your residence: a lease, contract or deed, Utility Bills with residents address. If you are living in a home where you are not the owner or renter, you must complete the Residential Affidavit and provide a lease, contract or deed for the individual responsible for the property. (This form must be signed in front of a Notary Public by the owner of the residence.)
- Affidavit of Transfer (This form must be signed in front of a Notary Public)
- Current photo ID of legal parent/guardian
You must also provide a copy of:
- Health Assessment
- Immunization Record. If you do not have this, you should be able to obtain it from your child's previous school or doctor.
- Your child's social security card (Optional)
In addition, make sure you complete the forms in the enrollment packet:
Parents & Schools Working Together
Parents and schools need to work together for the betterment of the students. Parents play an important role in providing support and building the confidence of their children. Parents should check some of the tips or activities they can use to develop their children’s confidence and improve their school experience.
Pender County Schools is committed to creating a safe and secure learning environment for students, staff, and visitors.
PenderSAFE was developed by Pender County Schools as a resource for students, parents, staff, and the community. Through this website, you can access both local and national agencies to report information seen or heard, seek help if you find yourself in a difficult situation, and prepare for emergency situations.
Our Town, Our Schools is a collaborative pilot program between the Town of Burgaw, Burgaw Elementary, and Burgaw Middle schools. The purpose of Our Town, Our Schools is to promote and encourage community involvement and volunteerism in the Burgaw schools.
Interested in becoming a volunteer? We'd love to have you! Simply click on the school at which you wish to volunteer, and you'll be directed to a short Google Form.
I'd like to volunteer at...
Once you've submitted the Google Form, visit Volunteer Tracker to complete your volunteer application.
Thank you for your interest in Our Town, Our Schools.