Pedare Senior School
2021 Curriculum Handbook
A warm welcome to parents/caregivers and students of the Senior School.
This Curriculum Handbook has been prepared to provide parents and students with subject information for learning pathways from Year 10 through to Year 12 and beyond.
In Year 10, the courses of study are based on the requirements of the Australian Curriculum and the South Australian Certificate of Education; whereas for Years 11 and 12, the courses meet the requirements of the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE).
All three levels of Senior School offer a curriculum that is challenging and diverse and provides students with flexibility:
- To pursue a variety of learning opportunities both within and outside of the College.
- To develop knowledge and skills relative to their future career goals and aspirations.
These will be further refined as students move through the Senior School.
The information in this Handbook is designed to help you to make informed choices, supported by your attendance at Parent/Student Information evenings and at individual Subject Counselling appointments.
As well as referring to this Handbook, students and their parents are encouraged to follow these steps:
- Attend Open Days at the various Universities, TAFE and other tertiary educational institutions to become aware of the vast array of study courses available.
- Refer to current copies of the SATAC University Guide, the online SATAC Tertiary Entrance booklet and any other materials available on line from the institutions. Please also refer to the links that appear later on in this Handbook.
- It is important to refer particularly to the online SATAC Tertiary Entrance booklet to determine if there are any prerequisites for courses and if there are any subjects studied at Stage 2 level that are precluded combinations.
- Decide on possible subjects to study at Stage 2 and then work backwards, using the subject information in this Handbook, to look at the subjects offered in Stage 1 and then Year 10, to ensure that they meet the desired pathway.
Remember that it is important to provide your child with a wide range of learning opportunities to keep their options open and to avoid confining them to too narrow a focus, too early.
The staff at Pedare can assist you throughout this exciting, challenging and important decision-making process. Please click here for contact information.
We look forward to working in partnership with you and wish you well in making considered and informed decisions based on thorough research.
We encourage you to take full advantage of the support available.