Session 1 • September 28th, 2017 -
- History of Transportation Shaping the City. Steve Dotterrer, Chief Planner for PBOT (retired), will discuss historical perspectives and planning.
- Transportation Planning: Art Pearce, PBOT, will present the process the City of Portland is conducting to identify primary transit networks.
Session 2 • October 5th, 2017 -
- PBOT Public Communications: John Brady, Communications Director, will present the communications and public involvement programs for PBOT.
- TriMet: Alan Lehto will describe TriMet and its public transit initiatives.
Session 3 • October 12th, 2017 -
- PBOT Director. Leah Treat, Director of the Portland Bureau of Transportation, will present the overview of PBOT with policy and finance major subjects.
- Fixing Our Streets: Mychal Tetteh, Program Manager, and will outline PBOT’s Fixing Our Streets program.
- Transportation Equity: Zan Gibbs, PBOT Equity & Inclusion Program Manager, will share the PBOT programs to assure equitable outcomes in the community.
Session 4 • October 19th, 2017 -
- PBOT Project Management & Delivery: Millicent Williams, PBOT Capital Projects Manager
- Bicycles: Roger Geller, Portland Bureau of Transportation Bicycle Coordinator, will lead discussion on the policies for encouraging cycling in Portland.
- Pedestrians: Michelle Marx, Pedestrian Coordinator, will present PBOT’s program for pedestrian improvements
Session 5 • October 26th, 2017 -
- Mt. Hood Freeway and Light Rail Decisions in the ‘70’s: Dick Feeney, Executive Director of TriMet Government Relations (retired), Andy Cotugno Metro Planning (retired), Dave Yaden, and Rick Gustafson (tired) will discuss the two major transportation decisions that have shaped Portland’s development in the past 40 years. Combined experience of the three is 120 years.
- Regional Planning: Elissa Gertler, Metro, will present an overview on the Regional Planning and Transportation.
Session 6 • November 2nd, 2017 -
- Portland Streetcar: Dan Bower, Executive Director, will present the Portland Streetcar operations and plans.
- Transportation Project Discussion: A discussion will be held on the transportation projects with questions and general oversight of the presentation format.
Session 7 • November 9th, 2017 -
- Land Use & Transportation. Gordon Price, Director of City Program, Simon Fraser University and former member of the Vancouver B.C. City Council, will make a presentation on the effective integration of transportation in high-density environments, with emphasis on land use.