PCCR Conducts Research Capacity Training Workshop
By Eduard M. Solomon| June 21, 2017
The closing ceremonies of the Research Capacity Training Workshop was held on May 24, 2017 at the Learning Resources Mini Audio-visual Room of the EJB Building. On the same date, the training module, Research Technical Writing, was completed, with Dr. Mariann S. Delos Angeles as the guest lecturer. Dr. Delos Angeles is a researcher and consultant with international exposure, such as with the United Nations and the World Bank.
The Research Training with the title: "Discovering the Researcher Within: A Research Writing Training Workshop for Faculty and Non-faculty", was organized by the Research Development and Publications Center (RDPC) as Phase 1 of the Research Capacity Building Program of the RDPC for Academic Year 2017-2018 .
Ten (10) training modules designed by Research Director Dr. Cristeta G. Ututalum was conducted from April to May 2017 at the Computer Laboratory. The training was attended by 14 teaching and non-teaching employees namely:
- Prof Jamilla L. Asalan - Research Officer
- Dr. Perla Mitra-Aldaba - Dean, Graduate School
- Dr. Sonia G. Dela Cruz - Faculty, Graduate school
- Mr. Dennis R. Rivera - Staff, Graduate School
- Prof. Mandy G. Gonzales - Associate Dean, College of Criminology
- Prof. Gaypelyn M. Casiw - Faculty, College of Criminology
- Prof. Fredda H. Ebanada - Faculty, College of Criminology
- Prof. Recuerdo G. Lacsamana - Director, Gen Ed Division
- Prof Ferdinand D. Piñon - Faculty, Gen Ed Division and Head, Student Affairs and Alumni Services Division
- Prof Rima Florentina D. Vicente - Faculty, Graduate School and Gen Ed Division
- P/SSupt Johnny B. Bacbac (Ret.) - Head, Discipline, Investigation and Security Division
- Mr. Enrique Mari P. Polidario - Training Officer, Human Resource Development Division
- Ms. Rosalinda G. Loyola - Testbank Coordinator, Testbank Center
- Ms. Aezelle Valderrama - Psychometrician, Guidance and Counselling services division
All trainees received their Certificate of Achievement during the said closing ceremonies. They are also expected to submit their research proposals by the first semester of AY 2017-2018 as their output for the research training.
PCCR President and Chairperson of the Board Dr. Ma. Cecilia Bautista-Lim handing out the Plaque of Appreciation to the speaker, Dr Delos Angeles and to Dr. Ututalum for designing the training program.