Pennsylvania Department of Education
Bureau of Special Education
PDE/BSE Annual Conference 2019
Making a Difference:Educational Practices That Work
March 11-13, 2019
Each year, PaTTAN, in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the Bureau of Special Education, offers Pennsylvania educators, families and friends of education, this signature event. The annual, statewide conference offers an opportunity to learn and engage with nationally-known presenters, as well as colleagues from across the state, highlighting effective instructional strategies and interventions designed to make an educational difference for all students.
In 2018, over 1,300 participants attended the annual conference to hear nationally recognized speakers like John Almarode, Rosemarie Allen and Shelley Moore. Participants had the opportunity to attend presentations on instruction, legal concerns, leadership, mental health, family engagement, strategic interventions and more!
Visit our site after September 1, 2018 for exhibit hall information for the PDE/BSE Annual Conference in 2019.
Join with us in Making a Difference!
What are PDE Conference participants looking for in an exhibitor?
Our participants, ranging from parents to teachers and school administrators, tell us they like exhibitors who are fun, engaging and enthusiastic. They look for instructional materials and tools that they can see and purchase on site. We are always looking for exhibitors who support the work of our speakers and presenters by carrying their products, or products related to their topic.
Specifically, our 2018 conference participants indicated they'd like to see more of the following:
- Friendly and engaging exhibitors
- More products to buy on the spot
- Technology and assistive tech devices
- Textbooks and instructional materials for math, reading, writing and science
- STEM and STEAM related materials
- Sensory tools
- Instructional Materials - books, workbooks, software, etc.
- Progress monitoring tools
- Social Skills curriculum
- Products and materials geared towards secondary education
- Behavioral materials, curriculum, tools and supports
- More materials for families