Subject Selection Handbook
In compiling this website for students entering Stage 6, a number of staff spent considerable time deliberating over the information to be included. Central to their deliberations is a desire to provide the most comprehensive advice to assist families in guiding their child into the best possible program of studies for the senior years. You are encouraged to spend the time reading this material prior to the information evening.
The process of establishing the programs of study for those students who will enter Year 11 in 2020 will take place over the next few weeks.
During this process we ask you to keep in mind the following:
- Most of the subjects the students choose are studied for two years - Years 11 and 12
- the students should choose courses which interest them and will provide them with a positive learning opportunity
- some courses may not run if they attract too few students to make them viable
- some courses, due to staffing and facilities, are restricted by numbers - some students may need to consider an alternative once these classes are full
- due to the complexities of staffing and class sizes, movement from the course selected to another course in Year 11 cannot be guaranteed
We hope that this website will assist you and your child to be better informed about the courses on offer and the requirements for the award of the Higher School Certificate at the completion of Stage 6.
Our hope is that students will take more responsibility for their learning and that in a spirit of cooperation and enthusiasm they will help each other to achieve their best. Every effort will be made to provide students with a positive learning environment as they undertake this final stage of their secondary education.