GIRLS STEM SUMMER CAMP
Park on the north side of the Monarch High School. Enter though cafeteria doors. There is a yellow metal sculpture near the doors. Head west (take a right) down the art hallway to the end of the hall. Room 333 will be on the left.
We are inviting PLCS girls entering the 6th grade to a part day STEM Camp!
Fun and educational activities will include these focuses:
We plan to have female professionals and female STEM high school students for the students to learn from and work with.
Our goal is to grow female STEM participation.
- Women make up half of the total U.S. college-educated workforce but only 29% of the science and engineering workforce are women.
- Females account for only 15% of all engineers and mathematical science careers are dominated by 75% male professionals. (https://ngcproject.org/statistics)
- Location: PLHS (Monarchs) room 333
- Parking: North lot. Enter the cafeteria doors. Take the first hallway west to room 333.
- Date: 06/03/2019 (Monday)
- Time: 8:00am - 11:00am
- Doors open at 7:50
- Pickup starts at 10:50
- Cost: $10 pay cash at the door
- Please bring exact cash
- Capacity: 20 female 6th grade students (6th grade during 2019-2020)
- Cancellation: If we need to postpone or cancel the event we will email you.
EVENT WEBSITE: https://sites.google.com/paplv.org/stemgirlscamp/home
REGISTER FOR THE EVENT: https://signup.com/go/THmSySa
Please contact Scott Kneifl (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Randy Stribley (email@example.com) with questions.