Topics Covered in Year 12 Advanced Maths:
- AS 91259 Apply trigonometric relationships in solving problems
- AS 91264 Use statistical methods to make an inference
- AS 91261 Apply algebraic methods in solving problems
- AS 91257 Apply graphical methods in solving problems
- AS 91256 Apply co-ordinate geometry methods in solving problems
- AS 91262 Apply calculus methods in solving problems
- 3 internal papers --> 13 Credits
- 3 external papers --> 9 Credits
This course is for those students who wish to develop a strong understanding of Calculus, Algebra, Trigonometry and Graphing methods.
It focuses on the abstract ideas of mathematics and develops the skills needed in a wide variety of technical and scientific areas. A graphics calculator is compulsory for this course, along with this free graphing tool, and you will be expected to be able to discuss mathematical concepts in order to deepen your understanding.
This course leads to calculus or statistics at level 3.