A resource for Manchester High School students, staff and parents related to all things Chromebook
MAY 2019 Updates:
BEWARE OF CORRUPT EXTENSIONS!
- We are seeing more and more users get into trouble with viruses and such when they download malware or corrupt extensions. For example - you shouldn't need a PDF converter. Use the built in "Save as PDF" in Google Docs.
- Also - if an app or extension sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Use common sense and caution when adding these programs.
End of year CB hand-in
- Seniors will turn in CBs on Monday and Tuesday, May 13th and 14th during POD class.
- All other grade levels - stay tuned for announcements!
- Remember, you will hand in your charger and case as well.
- Some of you may have noticed - but a new policy went into effect recently with the Securly filter. If a student is blocked 10 times in 10 minutes the filter will deny them access to the Internet for 10 minutes. So surf wisely!
- Have you checked out the link above? There are options to playing the same old videos and games when you have free time!
Beginning with the 2018-19 school year, every student attending Manchester High School will be assigned a Chromebook for school and home use. This access will empower every HS student to take advantage of online resources and Google applications for "anywhere, anytime" learning and collaboration. The Manchester Local School District has pooled funding from curriculum, technology and other budgets, as well as accumulated savings, to invest in these powerful educational tools. Teachers have gone through many hours of training and professional development and are excited to add the Chromebooks to the variety of instructional methods used daily in our classrooms.
What is a Chromebook?
"A Chromebook is a laptop of a different breed. Instead of Windows 10 or macOS, Chromebooks run Google's Chrome OS. These machines are designed to be used primarily while connected to the Internet, with most (free) applications and documents living in the cloud." - Laptop Magazine
"Chromebooks are the #1 laptop sold to US K-12 Schools. They’re fast, easy to use and have access to the extensive library of apps in the Google Play Store. Chromebooks are trusted by teachers and schools around the world with Google for Education accounts designed specifically for school systems...Chromebooks give students access to the apps they know and love and long-life battery so students never have to stop learning." - Google for Learning
All for under $200 per device!
Parents: Please see the "Forms & Policies" page for more information that you may be looking for,
including an FAQ section in the Chromebook Handbook Form