A resource for Manchester High School students, staff and parents related to all things Chromebook
April / May 2020 Updates:
STAY UP TO DATE!
- During these unprecedented times, it is important that all of you be informed and stay in touch with your teachers. Please visit www.panthercountry.org for news and guides for online classrooms and assignments. Although all Q4 work will be graded pass/fail, we want students to be engaged. Email Mr. Ross with any concerns or issues!
- We miss all of you and encourage you to stay home and stay healthy!
BENT CHARGERS CAUSE PROBLEMS
- Be careful not to bend the tip of your charger when you plug in your CB! This can not only damage the charger, but the port in the CB itself may need replaced, which costs money.
BEWARE OF CORRUPT EXTENSIONS!
- We are seeing more and more users get into trouble with viruses and such when they download malware or corrupt extensions. For example - you shouldn't need a PDF converter. Use the built in "Save as PDF" in Google Docs.
- Also - if an app or extension sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Use common sense and caution when adding these programs.
What is a Chromebook?
"A Chromebook is a laptop of a different breed. Instead of Windows 10 or macOS, Chromebooks run Google's Chrome OS. These machines are designed to be used primarily while connected to the Internet, with most (free) applications and documents living in the cloud." - Laptop Magazine
"Chromebooks are the #1 laptop sold to US K-12 Schools. They’re fast, easy to use and have access to the extensive library of apps in the Google Play Store. Chromebooks are trusted by teachers and schools around the world with Google for Education accounts designed specifically for school systems...Chromebooks give students access to the apps they know and love and long-life battery so students never have to stop learning." - Google for Learning
All for under $200 per device!
Parents: Please see the "Forms & Policies" page for more information that you may be looking for,
including an FAQ section in the Chromebook Handbook Form