1 Veterans Plaza
Palisades Park, NJ 07650
P: (201) 941-1100
F: (201) 941-1280
Palisades Park Jr./Sr. High School
Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians:
Palisades Park Jr./Sr. High School provides a comprehensive program of studies for its students. The curriculum addresses the needs of individual students and at the same time prepares them for futures in the college and/or the career of their choosing. Students with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and interests have the opportunity to work together to develop social skills and mutual respect.
Understanding the scheduling process is vitally important to ensuring your son/daughter gets the most out of their high school experience. Please take the time to discuss course options and graduation progress frequently and reach out to the Guidance Department as needed.
STEPS IN SCHEDULING...
- Become familiar with all the required and elective courses by reading the COURSE BOOKLET. Be sure to seek out new course offerings as they become available. Some courses are required and unavoidable, but your electives should align with your personalized interests.
- Fill in a Blank Graduation Planning Chart. You should start one at the end of 9th grade and add to it each year to ensure you are meeting any and all graduation requirements. Follow the Example Planning Chart to make sure you are meeting all your requirements.
- Create a list of desired courses for the upcoming academic year. Feel free to use these request sheets if you'd like.
- Log into your PowerSchool account. Click here to access PowerSchool
- Under the Navigation window (<----- on the left) click on "Class Registration"
- Follow instruction on PowerSchool from here to select all required courses and electives.
- Once your schedule is created (usually by the end of June) you'll be able to see it on PowerSchool.
- If you'd like to add/drop a course there will be opportunities over the Summer and in September. Feel free to email these requests to your Guidance Department and they will be addressed in a timely manner. After school starts, fill out an Add/Drop Form and hand to your Guidance Counselor for approval.
Student Services/Guidance Department
As you know, your high school schedule and performance is extremely important when applying for colleges, so please reach out to the correct support professional if you have questions or would like to discuss options for the future.
Mrs. Joanne Retkwa - Guidance Counselor - Grades 9-12; Last Names L-Z
Miss Erin Rudolph - Guidance Counselor - Grades 9-12; Last Names A-K
Ms. Kelly Monroe - Guidance Counselor - Grades 7-8
Mr. Nael Llaverias - School Psychologist
Miss Beth Van Alstine - LDTC
Ms. Lisa Yee - Speech Pathologist