Rock the Walk for PSA 2018
Friday, October 26th - At PSA from 9am-2pm
Donation Drive - Now through Tuesday, October 23rd
Donate online at https://www.psaschool.org/walk/
What is Rock the Walk for Palmetto Scholars Academy? The entire PSA community (students, faculty, staff, volunteers, and families) are invited to complete a fun walk on campus in North Charleston. Unlike some walks, we are NOT collecting pledges for the number of loops or distance walked. Each walker will collect donations up front for participating in the walk. All donations should be collected during the Donation Drive from now through October 23rd, 2018. Donations can be any amount!
What are the goals for the Walk for PSA? Why are we having a Walk? We are aiming for 100% student participation. All of the donations will go directly to the school’s unfunded needs. Proceeds from last year’s walk helped defray costs for field trips, purchase equipment and supplies for clubs and classrooms, and helped some of our award winning academic teams travel to national competitions. There are other benefits too! We will be promoting the school, celebrating our PSA spirit and getting some exercise. It will be a fun day that will give students some ownership in the school’s fundraising efforts, while promoting a healthy habit of exercise.
Where do I get donations? You can ask friends, neighbors, co-workers, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, doctors, dentists, orthodontists, coaches, babysitters, tutors, almost anyone, and they can donate any amount ($1, $5, etc). It is easier than you think – most people are happy to help. The key is to ask.
What are the prizes and will everyone win something?
All students will get a free Walk for PSA T-Shirt. Other prizes (determined by student packets received by the deadline of 10/23/2018) include:
- The student who receives the highest DOLLAR amount of donations will win a $100 Amazon gift card.
- The House with the highest PERCENTAGE of students turning in donations will be awarded a pizza party. In addition, House points will be awarded: 50 pts for 1st, 30 for 2nd, 15 for 3rd.
- The top ten students who collect the highest DOLLAR amount of donations will each get a limo ride to Chik Fil A for lunch with Dr. Gott.
- The top ten students who get the highest NUMBER of donations get to choose a song to be played during the walk.
- All students who raise at least $250 will get $20 Amazon gift cards.
- BONUS CHALLENGE: If total donations received reaches $15,000, Dr. Gott will color his hair in PSA Phoenix colors! This is attainable if each PSA student gets $25 worth of donations! Ms. McCants will color her hair at $20,000, and Ms. Rutherford will join them if we reach $25,000!
When do I turn in my sponsor donation money?
All money and Donation Sheets are due on Tuesday, October 23rd. Please turn them in at the front desk of the school office. Additional sponsor donation log sheets are available from the school office or the PSA PCA website. Note for 7th graders - please turn your packets in by the 19th, before leaving for the Camp Thunderbird Trip! Donations can be made online at https://www.psaschool.org/walk/
Who do I go to for questions? If you have questions or want to volunteer at the walk, please contact the PCA at email@example.com. We will need some chaperones on walk day. We are looking forward to October 26th being a Fun, Spirited Day! Thanks so much for your help – for your contributions and participation!