Important Dates & Times for SY20
Monday, Aug. 12th @ 8:00 AM: Course Opens
Monday, April 28th @ 4:00 PM: Registration Closes
Friday, May 22nd @ 4:00 PM: Lesson Plan Deadline
Thursday, June 4th @ 4:00 PM: Course Closes for SY20
Why do YOU want to be part of this program?
Over the past four years:
- Nearly 3,000 educators signed up for this program.
- Over 900 Florida educators and school nurses completed and taught-
- Over 60,000 students tobacco prevention.
Each year, teachers demonstrate a positive influence in helping students make healthy decisions concerning tobacco.
- YOU can help our children by educating them about the dangers of vaping.
- YOU can teach them how to resist the pressures of marketing and peers.
- And YOU can show them how to recognize issues related to it.
Once You Complete This Course You Will:
- Earn 10 teacher in-service credits as approved by your district.
- Create a lesson plan that will help your students and thousands of other educators.
- You'll be required to teach the lesson you create.
- Be the expert in ENDS prevention.
- Measure the impact of an educator on students as they learn to make healthy decisions about vaping.
Comments from past participants:
- Wow! What an incredible course, very helpful and informative. I believe now, I really can make a difference in helping the lives of others. (M.P. from Palm Beach County)
- Just a note to let you know I am loving doing the lessons with my kids. I have been doing 2 lessons a day, since I am on a block schedule and have my kids extended time each day. I am so amazed at how interested they are, how much they are enjoying the activities, and how may ‘light bulbs’ look like they’re going on. I hope it translates to good choices for them at some point in their lives. (S.A. from Sarasota County)
- That was probably the most interesting course I have ever taken. Thank you! (J.S. from Palm Beach County)
- …was very impressed with the videos and the easy accessibility to the website (J.R. from Calhoun County)
- The course was easy to guide myself through and the links and videos easy to get to. (K.P. from Dade County)
- I felt that the course was very user friendly. (T.C. from Brevard County)
- The site loaded quickly. When I had a question about an assignment, it was answered in a timely matter. (M. C. from Dade County)
- I took the course from home so I had no problems. (B.A. from Dade County)
- My students and I wish to thank you all for a most outstanding program. Due to the Florida Statewide Tobacco Prevention On Line Course Sy13 I grew professionally & was able to launch creative, educational common core connective lessons/activities to foster and promote life long classroom to real world learning lessons and self discovery. (J.V. from Collier County)