Frequently Asked Questions
Question - Who can be enrolled in this course?
- Currently, only educators with an active Florida DOE certificate and the ability to teach at least six lessons to a set of students. This includes public, private and charter schools.
Question - How long does it take to complete the course?
- The course is self-paced. Users can take as long as they need until the course expires in June. Typically, you can finish the content portion of the 60 point course in 40 to 60 hours, and the 30 point course in 20 to 30 hours, but some participants get caught up in the information. The lessons are also at your own pace.
Question - When does the course close?
- Registration for the course closes on April 26th, 2019 at 4:00 PM. The course closes for all access on June 6th, 2019 at 4:00 PM. All work must be completed at that time. There are no exceptions. Note: Be mindful of your teaching calendar so you can schedule your lesson prior to the close of school for 2019.
Question - Do I have to create the lessons?
- Yes. You will have to create one lesson plan that you will use to teach. You will also choose five more from already prepared grade-level appropriate lessons and activities we have for you in our Lesson Plan Library.
Question - What if I cannot remember my password or login name?
- All support information can be found by clicking "Support" at the top. Call us or write to us.
Question - What if I have trouble logging on or in the course?
- If you need troubleshooting on your computer it will be done during business hours. Click "Support" (above) for more information.
Question - How many in-service points can I get?
- The number of in-service points is dependent on your district's in-service master plan. The 60 point course is valued at up to 60 points, the maximum allowed for a single component by the State of Florida. The 30 point course is streamlined and will give you up to 30 points. Contact your professional development department before you begin registration if you have questions.
Question - What topics are covered in the course?
- Click HERE to get an overview of the 60 point course and its features, or HERE to get an overview of the 30 point course and its features.
- Click HERE to see a short video that summarize the chapters in the course.
- You can compare features in both courses in this document
- Finally, the course syllabus is posted online here.