Frequently Asked Questions
Question - Who can be enrolled in this course?
- Currently, only educators with an active Florida DOE certificate and the ability to teach at least one lesson to a set of students in K-12. This includes public, private and charter schools.
Question - How long does it take to complete the course?
- The course is self-paced. Users can take as long as they need until the course expires in June. Typically, you can finish the content portion in under 10 hours. The lesson should be about 20 minutes long.
Question - When does the course close?
- Registration for the course closes on April 24th, 2020 at 4:00 PM. The course closes for all access on June 4th, 2020 at 4:00 PM. All work must be completed at that time. There are no exceptions. Note: Be mindful of your teaching calendar so you can schedule your lesson prior to the close of school for 2020.
Question - Do I have to create the lessons?
- Yes. You will have to create one lesson plan that you will use to teach.
Question - What if I cannot remember my password or login name?
- Call us at 561-366-6186 Monday - Friday from 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime 24/7.
Question - What if I have trouble logging on or in the course?
- If you need troubleshooting on your computer it will be done during business hours. Call us at 561-366-6186 Monday - Friday from 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM or email us at email@example.com anytime 24/7.
Question - How many in-service points can I get?
- This course will give you 10 PD points toward certificate renewal. Contact your professional development department before you begin registration if you have questions.
Question - What topics are covered in the course?
- ENDS Devices
- eCigarettes in Schools
- Marketing ENDS to Kids
- The Chemicals in ENDS
- The Hazardous Effects of eCigarettes
- Review (Final) 10 Question MC - 80% required to pass
- Lesson Plan