Diana Samodova (UCPH)
Diana is a PhD candidate at Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research working in Prof. Jesper Olsen's research group under the supervision of Assoc. Prof. Christian Kelstrup.
The candidate has both BSc and MSc degrees in chemistry and at the moment of recruitment has been working for 4 years as a laboratory assistant in LC/MS laboratory at the University of Latvia and teaching analytical chemistry to highs school students at the Riga School of Natural Sciences.
During her studies Diana has been mostly working with relatively small organic molecule analysis. Her Bachelor's thesis included HPLC/MS and UV/Vis spectroscopy-based kinetic studies of pharmaceutical photo-degradation chemistry. In the Master's thesis different medicinal plant extract anti-radical activity and it's kinetics has been studied using above mentioned instrumental techniques.
After graduation from the University of Latvia, Diana decided to acquire new knowledge and skills in the field of palaeproteomics. The candidate believes she will both gain a lot of experience during the PhD studies, as well as apply her background in analytical chemistry to discovery of degraded and highly modified ancient proteins.
During the PhD project she will mostly focus on technological improvements in the core bottom-up proteomics technology, that will be sought for better analysis workflows for degraded proteins of unknown origin present in the cultural heritage materials.
09/15-06/17 MSc in Chemistry University of Latvia, Faculty of Chemistry, Riga, Latvia
Master’s Thesis: ”The studies on the antiradical activity kinetics of the different antibacterial plant extracts”
11/16-02/17 Long-term educational program ”LC-MS Method Validation” University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
03/16-06/16 International training program in bioanalytical chemistry University of Oslo, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Department of Chemistry, Oslo, Norway
Research project: ”Simultaneous determination of active pharmaceutical ingredients in water samples using on-line solid phase extraction LC-MS method”
28/03-05/16 Long-term educational program ”Estimation of Measurement Uncertainty in Chemical Analysis” Univeristy of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
09/2012-06/2015 BSc in Natural Sciences University of Latvia, Faculty of Chemistry, Riga, Latvia
Bachelor’s Thesis: ”Photostability of nitrofurazone in solutions”
2000-2012 Diploma of Secondary Education Riga Secondary School No 72, Riga, Latvia
Research Project: ”Lichens-bioindicators of air pollution”
07/2014 - 08/2017 Laboratory assistant in chromatography/mass spectrometry University of Latvia, Faculty of Chemistry, Riga, Latvia
09/2013 - 08/2017 Analytical chemistry teacher Riga School of Natural Sciences, Riga, Latvia
09/2012 - 08/2013 Laboratory assistant Riga School of Natural Sciences, Riga, Latvia
- Mackie, M. E., Rüther, P., Samodova, D*., Di Gianvincenzo, F., Granzotto, C., Lyon, D., Peggie, D. A., Howard, H., Harrison, L., Jensen, L. J., Olsen, J. V., Cappellini, E. Palaeoproteomic profiling of conservation layers on a 14th century Italian wall painting. Angew. Chem. 2018, available online doi:10.1002/anie.201713020
- Dzabijeva, D*., Boroduske, A., Ramata-Stunda, A., Mazarova, N., Nikolajeva, V., Boroduskis, M., Nakurte, I. Anti-bacterial activity and online HPLC-DPPH based antiradical kinetics of medicinal plant extracts of high relevance for cosmetics production. Key Eng. Mater. 2018, 762, 8-13.
- Borodušķis, M., Kaktiņa, E., Blāķe, I., Nakurte, I., Džabijeva, D*., Kusiņa, I., Mičule, S., Ramata-Stunda, A. Chemical characterization and in vitro evaluation of birch sap and a complex of plant extracts for potential use in cosmetic anti-ageing products. Environ. Exp. Biol. 2017, 15, 29–36.
- Klavina, L., Springe, G., Nikolajeva, V., Martsinkevich, I., Nakurte, I., Dzabijeva, D*., Steinberga, I. Chemical composition analysis, antimicrobial activity and cytotoxicity screening of moss extracts (moss phytochemistry). Molecules. 2015, 20, 17221-17243.
Environmental analytical chemistry
- Roberg-Larsen, H., Abele, S., Demir, D., Dzabijeva, D*., Amundsen, S. F., Wilson, S. R., Bartkevics, V., Lundanes, E. Rugged large volume injection for sensitive capillary LC-MS environmental monitoring. Front. Chem. 2017, 5, 1-7 (62).
- Rekis, T., Bērziņš, A., Džabijeva, D*., Nakurte, I., Orola, L., Actiņš, A. Structure and stability of racemic and enantiopure pimobendan monohydrates: on the phenomenon of unusually high stability. Cryst. Growth Des. 2017, 17, 1814-1823.
- Bērziņš, K., Kons, A., Grante, I., Dzabijeva, D*., Nakurte, I., Actiņš, A. Multi-technique approach for qualitative and quantitative characterization of furazidin degradation kinetics under alkaline conditions. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 2016, 129, 433-440.
 The author has changed surname from Džabijeva to Samodova in July 2017 (Valid Marriage Certificate)