for 2019 -2020
Phase 1 - Completing and turning in:
- Proof of Income
- At Risk Questionnaire
After Phase 1 is completed, we will notify applicants if their child qualifies for the VPK. Students qualifying in Phase 1 will then move to Phase 2. Qualifying level 1 parents will be notified within two weeks of application being received. Qualifying level 2 and/or 3 parents - notification could be longer than two weeks.
***If a family does not qualify for the program, their child’s application will be kept on file. However, they will not move to Phase 2 until we know that spots are available for non-qualifying students (After day 20 of school. See enrollment timeline below.)
Phase 2 - We must have:
- Birth Certificate
- SS Card
- Immunization Record (Shot record)
- Physical (must be within last 12 months)
- Proof of Residency (Current Utility Bill, Land tax statement, or a notarized letter from landlord)
When we receive the above paperwork, they are put onto the enrollment list. If all 20 slots for a classroom have been filled with qualifiers, then they will go onto a waiting list.
Phase 3- is contacting the families that they have been accepted into the VPK. However, Phase 3 cannot be completed until we receive word from the state that our funding has been granted for 2019-2020
Tier 1 - Those that meet income eligibility (State sets these requirements)
There are 3 levels for our qualifying students. We will fill qualifying spots by using these levels.
- Level 1 - Qualifying Students that live in that school district (bus zone)
- Level 2 - Qualifying Students with siblings already enrolled in that school.
- Level 3 - Qualifying students that do not fall under level 1 or 2 -enrolled by date of receiving all enrollment paperwork.
(Exception to this would be those students who fall into the Allons zoning. Since they do not have VPK at their home school, they will be given the option to go to AHR or HES as their home school.)
Tier 2 - Students that: have a disability, are identified as English Learner, in state custody,
have been identified as educationally at-risk (IEP), or have been in TEIS (State sets these requirements.)
Tier 3 - Non- Qualifiers.
There are 3 levels for our non-qualifying students. We will fill any spots not filled by Tier 1 or Tier 2 using these levels.
- Level 1 - At Risk Factors 1 pt each (Income will be used if needed for 2 applications having the same number of factors.)
- Level 2 - income from $1 -$5,000 over eligibility (ranked in order with lowest income first.)
- Level 3 - Siblings of children already enrolled at the school and then those that fall in the $5001.00 - $10,000.00 (ranked in order with lowest income first.)
If an application does not fall in one of these levels, then that application will be in the final enrollment and based on income. (ranked lowest to highest).
Timeline for notifying families for 2019 -2020 enrollment:
- Tier 1 will be notified once we receive notice that the Pre-K has been funded. Hopefully before this school year is over.
- Any spots not filled by Tier 1 students are held open until the 10th day of school. (Aug. 19, 2019)
- On the 10th day of school, any available spots will be opened up to Tier 2 students with
top priority be given to those students with IEPS. (Leaving 5% left open – see
- By the 20th day of school - any open spots in the 95% range of a class will be filled by
Tier 3 students if approved by the state. (by Sept. 4, 2019)
- The remaining 5% of each classroom not filled with Tier 1 students will remain open until the 30th day of school. (Sept. 16th) These spots will be left open until this day allowing us time to bring in more qualifying students.