- Plates and Boundaries Info and Game- This page has great info about the different plates and different types of plate boundaries. There is a link to a game at the bottom.
Where is Earth Located? Use these links to learn more about where the earth is located and to fill out the notes section on your sheet.
How are Stars Similar and Different? Use these links to learn more about stars and to fill out the Star Facts Graphic Organizer.
How can we measure time as the Earth rotates and revolves? Use these links to learn more about revolution and rotation of the sun, earth, and moon and fill out your t-chart.
- Motions of Earth and Time
- Time Zone Video 1 and Time Zone Video 2 and Time Zone Info
- Day/Night Simulator
- Time Measurement
Why does the earth have seasons? Use the links below to help answer the question about why earth has seasons.
What causes the phases of the moon? Use the links below to help answer the question about why we see phases of the moon here on Earth.
- Moon Phase Simulator- You must use Firefox to make this work. Right click (2 finger click on a Mac) on the link and choose "copy link address". Then open Firefox and paste it into the address bar. You'll have to approve Flash.
How does the sun's altitude affect shadows and temperature throughout the year? Use the links below to help answer the question about shadows and temps throughout the year.
- Sun Simulator- You must use Firefox to make this work. Right click (2 finger click on a Mac) on the link and choose "copy link address". Then open Firefox and paste it into the address bar. You'll have to approve Flash.
- Geometry Games- Area, Perimeter, Volume, Surface Area
- Sheppard Software Geometry Games- There are lots of geometry games to play: Triangle Shoot, Quadrilateral Shape Shoot, Perimeter Shape Shoot, Area Shape Shoot, and Volume Shape Shoot.
- Triangle Drag and Drop- Practice classifying triangles.
- Angle Tic Tac Toe- Practice classifying angles.
- Minecraft Volume- Choose to play or practice in this Minecraft style game calculating volume.
- Can you Fill it?- Pour liquid from one container to the other using your knowledge of volume AND problem solving skills.
- Pour to Score- Pour liquid from one container to the other using your knowledge of volume AND problem solving skills.
- Order of Operations Games
- High Stakes Heist- Use Order of Operations in this game to open a safe!
- Math Man- Practice Order of Operations in this Pac-Man style game!
- Order of Operations Millionaire- Practice Order of Operations in a Who Wants to Be a Millionaire style game.
- PEMDAS Blaster- More Order of Operations practice... Click the Pink arrow near the top to play.
- Ratio, Rate, and Percent Games
- Ratio Rumble- Practice your ratios with this game!
- Ratio Pairs 2- Practice equivalent ratios.
- Ratio Pairs 3- Continue practicing equivalent ratios, this is more challenging than Ratio Pairs 2.
- Ratio Stadium- This is a game practicing equivalent ratios.
- Matching Rates- Match rates to unit rates.
- Decention- Match fractions, decimals, and percents
- List of Percent Games- Use the link to see a bunch of percent games!
- Fraction Games
- Fruit Splat Fraction Addition- Choose whatever level Ms. B asks you to play OR whatever level is appropriate for you.
- Reduce Fraction Mathman- Play this game to practice reducing fractions.
- Satisfraction- This is a Greg Tang game practicing fractions. You can practice identifying, comparing, simplifying, or adding/subtracting/multiplying/dividing.
- Pizza Fractions- Once you learn how to play, this game is a lot of fun. You can practice identifying fractions and making equivalent fractions.
- Fraction Game- Use fraction equivalence and addition of fractions to move markers in as few cards as possible.
- Decimal Games
- Fact Practice Games
- Break Apart- The objective of this game is to solve the equation using the specified BreakApart strategy. It can be used for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division! We will use it mostly for multiplication and division...
- Missing- The objective of this game is to complete the equation by entering the missing number as quickly as possible. Click here for directions!
- Kakooma- This is an online version of the multiplication puzzle. You may choose practice or play.
- Hooda Math Multiplication Games and Hooda Math Division Games- These simple games are all designed to help with basic multiplication and division facts!
- Cool Math Multiplication Games
- Other Math Games
- 2048- Double numbers to try to get all the way up to 2,048! It's quite a challenge.
- Ten Frame Mania- This game is a race to make combinations of numbers. It gets harder and harder as you play!
- Math Limbo- This game is all about making combinations of numbers.
- Online Farkle- Here's a very simple online version of Farkle. The computer plays fast, so pay attention! There's also a one player version.
Other Math Links:
- Xtra Math- We use this site to practice operation facts! It can be done daily to improve math fact skills!! Our class code is DUEVC7XJ. Ask Ms. B for your pin.
- Scholastic Book Wizard- This site will help when you need to know the reading level of a book! It doesn't have them all, but many!
- Word Search Maker- Use this site to make your own word search!
Civil Rights- People Who Made a Difference Info Links:
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- Malcolm X
- Ruby Bridges
- Jesse Jackson
- Linda Brown
- James Baldwin
- Jo Ann Robinson
- Freedom Singers
- Rosa Parks
Here are some links to YouTube videos of states and/or capitals songs!
- 50 States and Capitals Song
- Capital- Song from one of Ms. B's favorite shows as a kid- Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego.
- 50 States that Rhyme
- Another 50 States that Rhyme
- States and Capitals Song
These games you can choose regions of the US. Remember, they may be a little different than the regions we are using in class:
- US Regions and Capitals- You can choose the region up at the top and then choose easy, hard, or capitals.
- USA Capitals or States- This page has both capitals and states. You can start with the tutorial and move up the levels. Once you start the game, you can select the proper region on the left.
These games are for the whole US:
- USA Maps Jigsaw- This page has jigsaw puzzle games. Start at level one and move up through the levels!
- USA Capitals or States- This page has both capitals and states. Start with the tutorial and move up the levels!
- Place the State- This game is more challenging because you need an idea of where the states go, first.
- Penguin Hop- This simple game is for learning capitals!
- Where is That?- This page has several game options. You can do either states or capitals.
- State Detective- This game allows you to ask questions to figure out the mystery state.