World of Teaching
*Click on the image above to see our Mission Elementary showcase*
About me: Hello, my name is Ms. Camacho. I teach 5th grade at Mission Elementary.
Philosophy: Education is the great equalizer. Be nice and work hard. I was the kid that had everything against her, everywhere I looked there was poverty, inequality and various obstacles meant to make one just another statistic. With hard work, dedication and my mother, I was able to earn my degrees and become a teacher. I absolutely love my career! I cannot see myself doing anything else in the world. I became a teacher so all my students know that it is possible to achieve their dreams, to create a better life for themselves and their family. I believe every child is entitled to be in a safe learning environment, where they are academically challenged and feel empowered to be the best they can be!
- Fallbrook High School Alumni
- UC San Diego Alumni, B.A. in political science with an emphasis in American Politics
- CSU San Marcos Alumni, Multiple Subject Credential, BCLAD (authorized to teach in Spanish), and a single subject credential in Social Science
YES! Teachers manage to have personal lives even though it seems like we live in school (As a kid, I thought all teachers lived in school and didn't even go to the grocery store since there was food at the cafeteria.)
*****Read below to see if we have any things in common*****
Personal hobbies/family/interesting facts:
- I love my mommy, sisters, brother, niece and nephew.
- I love comedy because I love to laugh.
- I like to work out at the gym.
- I love food and cars.
- I can cook enchiladas, but not tamales.
- While I attended UCSD, I went to Washington, DC to work with the President of the University of California and attended several congressional hearings in the Capitol.
- When I came back to California, I was accepted into the UC Scholars program where I assisted a professor with countless hours of research.
- I've been to Washington state and had dinner on the Space Needle.
- I love theme parks such as Knott's Berry Farm and my absolute favorite, Six Flags.
- I don't drink coffee!
- I love to draw, paint and sketch
*****check out my water color painting below*****