Please check back often to stay up-to-date on what is happening in 4th grade!
4th Grade Greatness
Hi, my name is Mrs. Bush. I am a 4th grade teacher at Mission Elementary in Oceanside, CA. I have been teaching for 17 years and have traveled from Solana Beach to the Big Island of Hawaii, Fresno, and back to Oceanside. I love to read, garden, cook, travel, knit, and yoga.
During my time teaching I have developed a love for teaching my students to be citizens of their community, and of the world. We practice our manners, being responsible for ourselves, helping others, and doing our personal best at all times. My past students always receive compliments when we are on field trips, which makes me proud that they are representing Mission Elementary in the best possible light. I look forward to another wonderful year at Mission!
August 23, 2017
I wanted to say thank you for all of the classroom supplies that you have donated this year! You have been very generous and it is greatly appreciated. Please make sure that your child has a 3-ring binder and a 2-pocket homework folder. Thanks!
September 6, 2017
Back-To-School Night! I hope to see you at Mission Elementary in room 25 from 6:15-7:00 pm to learn all about 4th grade, meet me (your child's teacher), and learn about the technology we will be using in school as well as at home.
4th Grade Expectations:
1) To regularly read a wide variety of materials.
2) To develop the skills and strategies to fluently and accurately read fourth grade texts.
3) To develop an understanding of literature (non-fiction, fiction, poetry & fables).
4) To develop an understanding of informational and technical texts.
5) To organize thoughts in order to write effectively.
6) To write in different genres (narrative, information and opinion writing).
7) To participate in meaningful discussions.
8) To listen and respond critically to oral communication.