Position: Senior Systems Administrator - HRIN112 - Open
Senior Systems Administrator
Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology to solve tough problems? Join our team of deeply passionate and experienced professionals who guide clients through their most complex technology challenges. The Senior Systems Administrator will work closely as part of the Information Technology team to develop, plan, support, monitor, budget and secure in-house and cloud infrastructure at ONE BCG.
As well as drawing on traditional IT techniques, the team takes advantage of modern DevOps approaches to ensure the availability of IT services that provide the core foundation of IT services that are essential for the smooth operation of infrastructure. Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems. Make recommendations for process improvements. Interact with third–party technology vendors and keep systems current with changing technologies.
- Act as a technical lead on key technology projects, ensuring implementations follow best practices and are in line with project objectives
- Access, analyse, design, deploy and scale virtualisation platform and services for internal customers on both private and public cloud platforms
- Lead strategy, design and implementation of Cloud infrastructure on Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS
- Drive operational efficiencies of the IT infrastructure to the highest levels, through implementing effective service monitoring, maintenance programs and foundational system design with a global perspective
- Ensure the security and reliability of systems and related infrastructure by timely patching and upgrade of Windows and Linux systems; schedule and coordinate monthly and quarterly patching
- Maintain documentation and processes around key IT services in the organisation
- Mentor other Systems Administrators to advance their technical knowledge of systems management, automation and DevOps strategies
- Provide excellent customer service support, including clear verbal and written communications
- Linux administration; ServerInstallation/Configuration/Administration, LDAP open directory, Backup, Remote Administration, Firewall, DNS, etc.
- Manages and administers enterprise services, storage, web, terminal services, application servers
- At least 6 years of experience with the administration of Windows and/or Linux distributions in an enterprise IT environment with practice designing and delivering innovative and scalable solutions
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline
- Detailed understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems, including desktop and server implementations
- Proven track record of completing projects on deadline
- Thorough understanding of system performance issues and tuning
- Deep understanding of IT security concepts, procedures and implementations
- Proven experience designing, building, automating and running large-scale technical infrastructures in a multi-site, multi-platform environment
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Kerberos, and OAUTH2/SAML2.0 systems
- Detailed understanding in the following technology products: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Azure, VMWare, Amazon Cloud, Google G-Suite, Google Cloud
- Proven experience in mentoring peers to increase the technical skills and abilities of the team
- Excellent and thorough documentation skills
- Familiarity with SQL databases, such as MS-SQL, PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience creating distributed, scalable systems that are fault tolerant and reliable
- Expert in either Linux or Microsoft infrastructure ,or in varying service deliveries (Managed Services, Project Services, Outsourced Solutions - Service Desk)
- Familiarity with core OS services such as: SSH, telnet, FTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Samba, LDAP
- Deep understanding of security concepts and the ability to put them into action to protect us and our customers
- You approach things with a growth mindset - genuine desire and motivation to learn and develop yourself
Updated: 22 August 2017
At ONE BCG, we accept and celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our customers. ONE BCG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: ONE BCG does not accept agency resumes. ONE BCG is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About ONE BCG
ONE BCG is a Global Software Consulting and IT services firm offering integrated business solutions, enabling clients to optimise their business with greater efficiency, and increased responsiveness.
ONE BCG was founded in Sydney back in 2000, and now has spread its wings across the globe with presence in Australia, Botswana, India, UK and US servicing clients across the globe, from enterprise level businesses to helping start-ups take their ideas to launch. ONE BCG offers full range of IT/Software consulting services including design & architecture of Cloud based solutions, software build & deployment, along with infrastructure maintenance and support.
ONE BCG is passionate about building software applications that solve not just the current business problems of clients but also meet their changing needs, scalability demands to match growth with a focus on user experience design and technical excellence. ONE BCG has extensive experience in the financial services and healthcare industries with portfolio of products that meet the niche demands of clients.