Position: Senior Business Analyst - HRIN109 - Open
Senior Business Analyst
We are looking for a super smart and passionate individual to join our Business Analysis team. You will be gathering and analysing requirements, formulating and testing hypothesis, developing and communicating recommendations.
We are looking for an Analyst who will be comfortable working closely with business teams but also dealing with complex numerical analysis. A potential candidate will become an integral part of the business teams and play a key role in helping them analyse and plan solutions. You’ll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
ONE BCG is seeking Senior Business Analysts with a talent and passion for collaboration. You will be joining our awesome team where you will participate in the design, implementation and testing of our innovative cloud software solution. As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be an essential member of a cutting-edge Agile team focused specifically on creating incredibly high quality software for our customers.
- Take ownership of the delivery of features/capabilities through the software development process
- Participate in customer meetings with Managers to achieve understanding of customer ideas/issues
- Research & refine functional requirements, communicating directly with customers in collaboration with Managers
- Lead the creation of designs with other stakeholders and team members
- Create and collaborate on detailed functional designs, using Agile methodologies and tools
- Thorough requirements backlog development reflecting upcoming priorities
- Story writing including acceptance criteria and conditions of satisfaction
- Understand and triage customer issues, defects, enhancement requests and backlog items conducting any necessary technical research or team collaboration and prioritising appropriately
- Create materials (presentations, demos, design artefacts) to help train additional teams on new functionality
- Liaise with Business stakeholders-internal and external, to conduct effective discussions on project requirements, data specifications, priority and timeline to ensure timely and accurate deliveries
- Assist teams to ensure requirements are translated to test plans and implement new functionalities by running training sessions, demos and documentation development
- Develop and sustain Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Develop Change Requests per established policies and procedures
- 5+ years of professional experience and 2-3 years of experience in research and/or analytics, ideally in healthcare, business, or financial analytics function preferably for software product development
- You're a "business thought partner", not just a "data monkey". Your analytical kung fu is strong, but what you really enjoy is finding ways to improve the business. It just so happens that you use data analytics as the tool to prove that your suggestions are the right ones
- Knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, with an emphasis on requirements elicitation, preferably in an agile software development environment
- Strong analytical skills to understand business requirements and decompose into more granular level requirements
- Proven ability to lead diverse groups of resources to solution agreement by leveraging influencing skills to drive consensus
- Effective communication skills; listening, written and verbal; ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Must be able to develop cooperation and foster teamwork at all levels while maintaining integrity of their point of view
- Experience in leadership over a BA team providing oversight and mentorship
- You have significant experience with SQL, or at least experience in a major software engineering language (C#, Python) and a willingness to learn SQL.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. Must be able to think strategically and present concise information to senior management
- Be the liaison between the business users, technology teams and support teams
Updated: 22 August 2017
At ONE BCG, we accept and celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our customers. ONE BCG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: ONE BCG does not accept agency resumes. ONE BCG is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About ONE BCG
ONE BCG is a Global Software Consulting and IT services firm offering integrated business solutions, enabling clients to optimise their business with greater efficiency, and increased responsiveness.
ONE BCG was founded in Sydney back in 2000, and now has spread its wings across the globe with presence in Australia, Botswana, India, UK and US servicing clients across the globe, from enterprise level businesses to helping start-ups take their ideas to launch. ONE BCG offers full range of IT/Software consulting services including design & architecture of Cloud based solutions, software build & deployment, along with infrastructure maintenance and support.
ONE BCG is passionate about building software applications that solve not just the current business problems of clients but also meet their changing needs, scalability demands to match growth with a focus on user experience design and technical excellence. ONE BCG has extensive experience in the financial services and healthcare industries with portfolio of products that meet the niche demands of clients.