Position: DevOps Engineer - HRIN113 - Open
We are looking for a DevOps Geek to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. The DevOps Engineer will primarily conduct and orchestrate software delivery activities around build, deploy and monitor. He/she will provide technical expertise to fellow team members and peers, and collaborate closely with Development, Ops and other technical departments.
Strong cloud and scripting/programming skills are a prerequisite for this position.
- Lead complex projects/programs that require multiple areas of expertise, provides subject matter expertise and technical direction on projects that span a broad range of applications, support multiple applications
- Lead and guide the design, development of reusable components
- Lead scripting and Powershell expertise
- Setup and maintenance, patching of cloud services/infrastructure in AWS and Azure
- Responsible for maintaining, patching (Windows & Linux) infrastructure
- Database administration, maintenance, and DR for SQL Server and MySQL (RDS)
- Build automated deployments using configuration management technology
- Develop, contribute to and review deployment plans; schedule the installation of new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environments
- Work with Release Management to ensure modules are production-ready, creates release notes, deployment plans, etc. and plan ongoing routine application maintenance tasks
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including customers to document requirements, design and implement solutions
- Develop standards, procedures and guides for managing servers and applications for security and high availability applications running in PaaS environments
- Lead Disaster Recovery planning, documentation, execution and reporting
- Participate in Audit of working procedures and making changes to meet statutory regulations
- Ensures all applications are documented according to standards, promote effective use of information technology by educating users on system functionality. Assists in the development of user guides and training documentation for systems
- Design and develop monitoring infrastructure and dashboards to detect problems related to applications, infrastructure and potential security incidents using off the shelf and custom tools
- Participate in discussions with clients in partnership with the sales team, formulate solutions for clients.
- At least 5 years of overall experience and at least 2 working as a DevOps Engineer with one or more scripting language such as Ruby, Python, Bash, Powershell etc.
- Prior experience in architecting and designing web based applications on Cloud Amazon AWS. Knowledge of application deployment and data migration on AWS for different regions
- Build continuous integration workflows and systems, participate in code-reviews across teams, architectural design reviews and build test, stage and production infrastructure
- Hands on experience in disaster recovery and business continuity tests by performing documented recovery procedures for the platform
- Experience with build and deployment automation tools like Jenkins and build automation and confirmation management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Windows PowerShell DSC
- Experience building and supporting an Agile DevOps environment to manage and scale multiple software products and PowerShell Scripting to repositories across Storage, servers, SQL, Windows, etc will be an added advantage.
- Experience with Azure webs services and technologies
- Certifications in AWS, including AWS DevOps certification is a plus
- SQL DBA experience added advantage
Updated: 22 August 2017
At ONE BCG, we accept and celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our customers. ONE BCG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: ONE BCG does not accept agency resumes. ONE BCG is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About ONE BCG
ONE BCG is a Global Software Consulting and IT services firm offering integrated business solutions, enabling clients to optimise their business with greater efficiency, and increased responsiveness.
ONE BCG was founded in Sydney back in 2000, and now has spread its wings across the globe with presence in Australia, Botswana, India, UK and US servicing clients across the globe, from enterprise level businesses to helping start-ups take their ideas to launch. ONE BCG offers full range of IT/Software consulting services including design & architecture of Cloud based solutions, software build & deployment, along with infrastructure maintenance and support.
ONE BCG is passionate about building software applications that solve not just the current business problems of clients but also meet their changing needs, scalability demands to match growth with a focus on user experience design and technical excellence. ONE BCG has extensive experience in the financial services and healthcare industries with portfolio of products that meet the niche demands of clients.