Welcome to First Grade!
We have set sail for a wonderful school year! We have just begun navigating our way through first grade and our crew is off to a great start!
Some Adventures Included in September's Voyage
- In Religion, we are learning about God's love for us and the wonderful gifts He has given us. We will attend our first Mass on Friday, September 8th, at 9:00 A.M.
- Practicing writing numbers and number words for zero through twelve and ordinal numbers to 10. Comparing numbers to twelve using the <, >, and = symbols.
- Practicing reading, spelling, and writing short vowel words.
- Learning how to write complete sentences and identify naming and action parts of sentences.
- Getting to know one another and our classroom routines and expectations. We are reading about and discussing how to be a good friend, ways to be kind, and the importance of following school rules.
- Learning who scientists are and what they do. Realizing that we are scientists, too!
- Getting our classroom ready for our parents to visit during Open House on Thursday evening, September 14th.
- Putting on our sailor hats and setting out to explore God's wonderful world!