Welcome to the best class at OLMC!
This month the children will work on the following subjects:
- Religion- The class is learning the steps to the Sacrament of Reconciliation. They have studied the 10 Commandments to prepare for their confession in February.
- Reading- The class has finished Unit 5 and will begin the next reader in their Superkids series. They will read a new chapter book named, "Mercy Watson Fights Crime".
- Science- Our chapter on Forces is exciting for us. We are learning about gravity, forces and magnets.
- Social Studies- Our new unit is on Geography. We have learned about the 7 continents and 4 oceans. We will also learn about landforms on the Earth.
- Handwriting-The class will begin using cursive handwriting. We are using the different strokes in cursive to form the letters. We will begin writing small case letters.
- Math- The class is learning to add money. We are using coins and dollar bills to add.
- Phonics- We are beginning to learn about digraphs and dipthongs. These are pairs of letters that are found in words.