Olivet Community Schools
Budget and Salary/Compensation Transparency Reporting
Section 18 (2) of the Public Act 94 of 1979, The State School Aid Act, has been amended, which requires each school district and intermediate school district to post certain information on their website within 30 days after a board adopts its annual operating budget or any subsequent revision to that budget. The Annual Budget & Salary /Transparency Reporting legislation is an opportunity for Olivet Community Schools to share with the public how we spend the resources that are provided to us.
Section 1 - Annual Operating Budget and Subsequent Revisions
The school district budget is adopted by the locally elected Board of Education annually no later than June 30th of each year. This budget is to be posted on the district website within 30 days of adoption. Board amendments are also to be posted within 30 days.
Debt Service Obligations
Section 2a and 2b - Summary of Expenditures - Expressed in Pie Charts
Using data that has already been collected and submitted to the Michigan Department of Education (MDE), a summary of Olivet Schools' expenditures( for the most recent fiscal year for which they are available) are expressed in the following two (2) pie charts. This information is also available for the general fund of the district by the Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI):
(a) A chart of personnel expenditures is broken down into the following subcategories:
(1) Salaries and Wages
(2) Employee benefit costs, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits
(3) Retirement benefits costs
(4) All other personnel costs
b) A chart of all Olivet Schools' expenditures is broken into the following subcategories:
(2) Support Services
(3) Business and administration
(4) Operations and Maintenance
Purchasing, Reimbursements, etc.
OCS Board Policy:
OCS Accounts Payable Check Registers:
- Check Register: July 1, 2017 through July 31, 2017
- Check Register: July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017
- Check Register: July 1, 2016 through March 31, 2017
- Check Register: January 2016 to June 2016
- Check Register: July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016
- Check Register: January 2015-December 2015
- AP Check Register: 2014-2015
Section 3a, 3b and 3c - Listing of the Collective Bargaining Agreements, Health Care Plans and Audit Report
3. Links to all of the following:
(a) The current collective bargaining agreement for each bargaining unit. This includes our Teachers Union and Bud Drivers Union.
(b) Each health care benefits plan, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, and disability or any other type of benefit that
would constitute health care services, offered to any bargaining unit or employee in the district.
c) As the district is funded with local, state and federal tax dollars, we are required to have an audit conducted on an annual basis. Our most recent audit is provided.
Section 4 - Salary and Benefit Description of Superintendent and Employees with Salary Exceeding $100,000
Included in this section is the total salary and cost of each fringe benefit included in the compensation package for the district the superintendent and each employee of the district whose salary exceeds $100,000.
Section 6 - Annual Amount Spent on Lobbying or Lobbying Services
This section identifies the amount spent on lobbying services.
This Section is not applicable as Olivet Community Schools has not spent any funds in lobbying or lobbying services.
Section 7 - Additional District Information
- CISD COOPERATIVE AGREEMENT FOR TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
- District Credit Card Data 2016-2017
- District Credit Card Data 2015
- District Out-of-State Travel 2016-2017
- District Out-of-State Travel 2015-2016
- District Out-of-State Travel 2014-2015
District Evaluation Forms