Mrs. VP's Classroom
Welcome to Mrs. VP's Blog!
I am a 4th grade teacher, who enjoys working with students at Ogden Preparatory Academy. Here is a little bit of information about me:
- I was born in California - and I still consider myself a California Girl!
- I moved to Michigan to attend college - I yell for Michigan or Michigan State whenever they play any other teams - but when they play each other - I head to my piano studio and practice until the game is over!
- I have a degree in Bible and Piano from the Grand Rapids School of the Bible and Music - which later merged with Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids
- I have a BA in Piano Performance and Pedagogy, with a minor in Clarinet Performance from Cornerstone University
- While in Grand Rapids, I was a member of the adjunct faculty at both Cornerstone University and Calvin College
- I have an MA in Elementary Education from the University of Phoenix
- I am married to Peter VanPatten, and we have been married for 29 years. (Peter is from New York, and is a percussionist)
- I have two beautiful daughters, Brogan and Haille, and one awesome son-in-law, Jake. All three are graduates of Weber State University - and all three are happily working to fulfill their dreams.
- I have a VERY naughty puppy named, Winston - who did indeed eat one of my student's homework. :(
- In my free time, I enjoy performing in chamber music groups or accompanying a myriad of instrumental and vocal soloists.