Third Grade Happenings
April 23, 2019
Hello Terrific Third Grade Parents!
SPRING CONCERT TONIGHT!
The Spring Concert is in the MS Gym tonight (Tues.the 23rd) at 6:30 p.m for all 3rd & 4th graders. Details regarding the Spring Concert:
- Students should be seated with their class by 6:15 p.m.
- The doors to the gym open at 5:45 p.m. Children should remain with their parents until teachers are on duty at 6:00 p.m. Please help us by keeping children calm, seated, and ready for a great night of worship.
- We respectfully ask all students to remain inside the gym during the entire concert. MS siblings should sit with their family.
- All students will remain seated with their class until the conclusion of the concert.
- What to Wear to Spring Concert: 3rd Graders are to wear shorts that are fingertip length, (no short shorts) denim or khaki, solid bright-colored tee's (think rainbow colors), nice tennis shoes, and ball caps with no writing. If you have any questions pertaining to the Spring Concert, please email Mrs. Roselle email@example.com.
Principal’s Reading Challenge-- Continue to send in those reading minutes every Monday for the week prior! Students need to keep track of their reading minutes! Our school goal is 270,000 minutes! Each classroom is at a 10,000 goal for minutes. Mrs. Kates has some crazy things planned for accomplishing the challenge!
For This week:
- April 23rd, Tues.---Tues.Folders
- April 23rd, Tues. Spring Concert @ 6:30 MS gym
- April 24th, Wed.--List 29 Spelling Test
- April 24th, Wed.--Permission Slips & $5 due for Garage Sale Field Trip.
- April 26th, Fri.--Garage Sale Field Trip 8:15-12:15 (See details below.)
- May 3rd, Fri.---Parent/Teacher Conferences
GARAGE SALE FIELD TRIP:
Please return the permission slip along with $5 by Wednesday, April 24th. Even if you are planning on going, I still need you to send the $5 to school ahead of time. Also, send me an email if you would like to be a driver/rider for this field trip a.s.a.p.
Here are the details about our Garage Sale Field Trip that is this Friday, April 26th:
- We will leave shortly after morning announcements from the school in our carpools. I will have the cars set up with drivers/riders/kids and you will see who is in your car Friday morning. I will explain guidelines and how the field trip works to all drivers/riders that morning as well.
- Each student will be given their ziplock bag of money along with a copy of garage sales that are in our Edmond area.
- All of third grade will meet up together at approx. 11:00 at Mitch Park to eat a sack lunch and play on the playground.
- We will leave Mitch Park approx. 11:50/12:00 in time for our afternoon enrichments at 12:30.
- After afternoon enrichments, the students will have a "Treasure Tour" of each 3rd grade classroom to admire all the things we were able to get for $5.
- If you are a driver, I need you for the whole time from 8:15 to 12:30.
Your child needs 2 things sent with them on Friday the 26th--
1. Sack Lunch with a drink
2. Wear grey class t-shirt.
- Your child’s Saxon Math book can be located in our website’s “Resources” tab, along with other helpful resources such as Book Report info.
- All 3rd grade spelling lists are in www.spellingcity.com
Have a great rest of your week!
THIRD GRADE TEAM
--Mrs. Warden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
--Mrs. Thelen (email@example.com)
--Mrs. Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
--Mrs. Mayfield (email@example.com)