Grade 1 with Mrs. Scott
Please refer to this website on a regular basis to find updated information about classroom news and events as well as current learning goals. You can also access our school website to find useful links that provide practice and support activities for your child in various subject areas.
News and Events:
- The grade one students enjoyed taking part in a mini workshop about bees, presented by The Let's Talk Science program by University of Ottawa students on Thursday.
- To enhance our science unit about Living Things, the Ottawa Humane Society will be coming in to do a mini workshop with the grade 1 students called Let's Learn About Cats and Dogs, this Friday. May 25.
- Our painted lady caterpillars are now emerging from their chrysalises as beautiful butterflies. The children are very excited as they await for the perfect day to take them outside and let them go free.
- As stated in the letter sent home last week, we are now done getting new Word Wall Words for this school year, however, please have your child continue to practice all words on a regular basis so that they retain their proper spelling. We will continue to have a weekly quiz on randomly selected Word Wall Words.
- Reading bags will continue to go home until second last week of school so that your child can continue to practice reading at their "just right" level.
- Just a reminder, that you can access pictures on a regular basis of fun learning activities that are happening in our classroom by following me on Twitter @nscott_school or through our school Twitter account @STEStallions or our weekly school newsletter.
Grade 1 Daily Prayer
Help me God each day
to follow you along the way.
Teach me to be kind like you
in everything I say and do.