MAC GRADs 2017
- GRAD CONTRACT: Must be handed into student services prior to purchasing Prom Ticket.... Click on the following link to print out a copy: GRAD CONTRACT 2017
- GRAD Community Sevice Forms: Must complete and HAND IN forms totalling 40 hours before prom ticket sales. Click on the following link to print out a copy: COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT FORM
- GRAD SLIDESHOW for Prom: Add your APPROPRIATE PHOTOS here...remember this is a special event just for you!!! Send your photo to MACGRADs2017@gmail.com
For information see Ms. Taylor in Guidance
ATTN: NEW AWARD
The Black Canadian Scholarship Fund
There are $6000 scholarships available in the Ottawa region for students who meet the following criteria:
- Be a Black Canadian student and citizen graduating from an Ottawa H.S.
- Have a 75% average in your six best grade 12 courses (U, M or O)
- Be admissible to a recognized Canadian University
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Demonstrate leadership in community involvement
Applications can be found at www.bcsf.ca and are due directly to The Black Canadian Scholarship Fund by May 31, 2017.
ATTN: NEW AWARD
The Meridian’s Commitment to Communities Sean Jackson Scholarship recognizes and rewards community initiative, innovation and impact among Ontario youth. Each year, we award one leading post-secondary scholarship to a high school graduate who has demonstrated both academic excellence and an outstanding commitment to communities of their own.
Meridian is interested in hearing from students who are using energy, creativity and entrepreneurship to solve or address a vital problem in their community. Whether they are advocating for youth literacy or creating a solution for blue box lids, our past scholarship winners have made a demonstrated community impact.
The Scholarship is open to secondary students entering any field of study who meet the following criteria:
- The student must be an Ontario resident
- The student must be planning to enter their first year of study in the fall academic term at a recognized, publicly funded Canadian college or university
- The student must have achieved an academic average of 80 per cent or higher
- The student must have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to their community. This can be achieved through volunteerism that demonstrates leadership and/or initiating innovative community projects.
- All applications must be received by 11:59 pm on Monday, May 15, 2017
- Required documents:
- Official Transcripts (most recent)
- Letter of Recommendation from school (signed)
- Letter of Recommendation from community group (signed)
- Proof of post-secondary education acceptance
- When saving your documents, please name them using the following conventions: Last Name, First Name, Document name (e.g. Smith, John, Transcript; Smith, John, Letter of Recommendation; etc.)
The Meridian’s Commitment to Communities Sean Jackson Scholarship winner will be announced in July 2017.
For details and instructions please visit:
If you have any questions please contact:
ATTN: NEW AWARD Ron Larkin Scholarship $1000
Graduates: Do you live in Ottawa Community Housing? If so, you are eligible to apply for a $1000 scholarship (a total of 10 scholarships are being handed out). Info can be found at www.ochfoundation.ca.
Applications are due to the OCH May 12.
RELEVANT DUE DATES: Please submit to Student Services
- APRIL 20th -- 9AM ( Archbishops, Edward J Cuhachi, MSGR Paul Baxter, National Bank, Sylvester Quinn and Your Credit Union due)
- APRIL 25th -- 2:30PM ( Bishop John Cody due)
- APRIL 6th -- 9AM to Ms Taylor
- Grad Ceremony Ticket Distribution: from Thursday, June 1st through to Wednesday, June 7th only during Senior Lunch in Student Services (A maximum of 3 Graduation Ceremony Tickets will be given to each graduate)
- Grad Rehearsal (all Grads must attend): Wednesday, June 28 th at 10:00 a.m. beginning in the Small Gym and then proceeding to the Large Gym
- Grad Gown Contact Person and Pick-up: from Ms. Edwards on Wednesday, June 28th only from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Room N107 or N108
- Grad Ceremony Date and the Time Graduates are to meet in the Small Gym: Thursday, June 29th at 9:00 a.m.
- Thursday June 8th -- ALL DAY
- Offsite this year
- Begins with Grad Breakfast at school and then you head out for your special day!!
Contact Person: Ms. Pickering or Ms. Vandewint
Prom Tickets: cost $75. On sale Monday May 1-Friday May 5th ONLY
Location: Shaw Centre 55 Colonel By Dr, Room 214
Reception at 6pm
Dinner at 7pm