This years school fundraising goal is $50 000 once again!!
Over the last 9 years we have raised $351,884.94
The students of John McCrae. All grades welcome and encouraged to sign up.
Relay is a 12 hour, overnight celebration of survival, it's a tribute to loved ones and a night to have fun with your friends while fundraising for cancer research and therapies. Relay is a closed, teacher supervised, safe environment which all students walk the track and participate in activities. Relay is a school sanctioned event and infractions will be treated accordingly.
Friday, May 26th, 2019. All students are to arrive between 6-6:30 pm. At arrival, bags will be searched before students proceed to Relay. After the event, students should be picked up by parents. Students are discouraged from driving to the event or bringing their own vehicles.
Superdome at Ben Franklin Park at 191 Knoxdale Road. It is roughly a 8-10 minute drive from JMSS. The wonderful people at the dome have hosted and donated their facility for the event for the last 6 years. For more info on the facility, follow the link. http://www.benfranklinpark.ca/
- To build community spirit - Relay for Life builds spirit in your school as students and staff come together for a common cause that affects everyone. Relay is inclusive of all grades, interests and ability levels.
- To provide a leadership opportunity - Relay provides students with a hands-on opportunity to develop and practice their leadership skills. The entire event is organized by students for students.
- To celebrate, remember and learn - Relay lets you celebrate those in your school community who have beaten cancer, remember those who have lost the battle and teaches students about cancer.
- To have a fun, yet meaningful high school experience.
- If you want to be a part of Relay but can't make the night you can VOLUNTEER!
- Be creative. Half the fun is organizing team fundraisers such as bake sales, yard sales, bottle drives, ice cream carts, etc.
- This year we are promoting online fundraising. Your online fundraising account will be automatically set up when you register. The average cash donation is $20.00 while online it is $51.00!
- Each individual must raise a minimum of $120
- Each team needs to raise a total of at least $1400 to attend the over-night event. There will be prizes for the team with most pledges, teams who raise over $1400, the team who fundraises the most, and any teams who raise over 4,000
- Team Captains bring in all pledges for their team by appointment
*You can also manage your account on your phone*
Click this link for the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/relay-for-life-canada/id500112341?mt=8
App for Android: https: //play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ccs.activities&hl=en
Will begin in March 2019
Activities included at the event are: a soccer tournament, talent show, inflatable obstacle course, zumba, yoga, fashion show and much more. We ask that two members of each team be walking the track at all times. Participants are encouraged to bring games and other activities to keep themselves entertained throughout the night. Teams will also be bringing snacks which will be kept in the clubhouse outside the dome.
We will be having a survivors lap and a luminary lap to honour those we have lost to cancer and those still fighting. If you know anyone who is a survivor of cancer or is currently battling, we encourage you to invite them to participate in either of these laps. Their participation adds so much to our event. Please have them fill out a survivor invitation form and hand it in to the school survivor committee before the event.
Team Captains and Individuals:
If you are a team captain or an individual sign up on the google classroom with the code: ayinse
This year's theme will be announced in March 2019.
Contact the staff coordinator Mrs. Hillier in room 308 or at email@example.com
Or send us a message on one of our social media accounts:
- Instagram, Snapchat & Twitter : @relay2k18