OABCIG Bond Issue
Frequently Asked Questions
OABCIG High School
OABCIG Elementary - Odebolt
OABCIG Middle School
Frequently Asked Questions...
(Questions will be added as they are received)
1. Why are these updates needed at this time?
The district feels that these updates have been needed for a long time, and will continue to be needs if they are not addressed now. Our classrooms are severely outdated and are not optimal conditions for a learning environment. The district also needs an auditorium to provide quality fine arts programs, assemblies, and a larger venue for community events. The current locker rooms are sub-par for use by our students and are not compliant with the Americans With Disabilities Act due to them being on a lower level.
2. How long is the term of the bond?
The original term of the bond will be for 20 years. This term could be shorter if the bonds are paid off earlier, but will not be any longer than 20 years.
3. Why can't we vote in Arthur? Where are we supposed to vote?
The county auditor establishes where the polling stations will be. In this case the auditor has decided to NOT have a polling station in Arthur. Because of that decision, residents of Arthur will need to cast their vote at the Ida Grove Recreation Center in the Community Room.
4. Where and when do we vote?
The polls will be open from 12-8pm on December 11th. Polling locations are as follows:
- Battle Creek Community Center for residents of Battle Creek as well as residents of Battle, Garfield, Grant, and Maple Townships.
- Ida Grove Recreation Center for residents of Ida Grove (Wards 1, 2, & 3), residents of Arthur, and residents of Blaine, Corwin, Hayes, Logan, and Silver Creek Townships.
- Odebolt Fire Station for residents of Sac County and residents of Stockholm Township in Crawford County.