Theory Test Information
The theory test is offered in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese. The theory test requires a score of 75% or higher to pass. This test validates the applicant's knowledge of minimal competency within the core scopes of practices for each license type and how to deliver the services in a safe and sanitary manner.
The number of test questions on each test is listed by the professional license below:
- Esthetics theory test contains 85 questions with a two (2) hour time limit.
- Electrology theory test contains 55 questions with an hour and a half time limit.
- Cosmetology theory test contains 110 questions with a two (2) time limit.
- Hair Braiding theory test contains 55 questions with an hour and a half time limit.
- Hair Design theory test contains 95 questions with a two hour time limit.
- Instructor theory test contains 55 questions with an hour and a half time limit.
- Nail Technology theory test contains 70 questions with an hour and a half time limit.
More information on the theory test questions and the content breakdown can be found on the Theory Test Outline page.
Interpreter services may be obtained for a fee. You may visit Nevada Court's website for a Interpreters Roster or you may call on the the services below:
- Las Vegas- 8th District Court Interpreters-702-671-4578
- Reno- The Language Connection-775-323-7883
- Reno- Nevada Hispanic Services-775-826-1818
- Reno- University of Nevada Reno Language Bank-775-784-7515 ext: 227