(50 Hour Requirement)
Scope of Practice
A shampoo technologist is a licensed professional that engages in the practice of shampoo technology under the immediate supervision of a licensed cosmetologist. The scope of practice for a shampoo technologist in the State of Nevada is:
- Cleansing of the hair or scalp, including, without limitation:
- Brushing and combing the hair;
- Applying shampoo and conditioner to the hair; and
- Rinsing the hair, including, without limitation, rinsing the hair to remove shampoos, conditioners, tints, relaxers and other solutions.
- Removing rollers, permanent rods, hairpins, clips or similar hair fasteners from the hair;
- Cleaning and disinfecting the shampoo bowl.
How to Get Licensed
The shampoo technologist program is an online course delivered by Milady. You may register for the online course by clicking here.
Even without training in hair services, you are eligible to take the Shampoo Technology Course delivered by Milady. Once the course has been successfully completed, you are eligible to take the Nevada State Law Test in order to obtain your license. Please complete the Individual Application and by passing the Nevada State Law Test.
If you are currently enrolled in a cosmetology or hair design program in the State of Nevada and you have completed at least 50 hours in your school, you are eligible to take the Nevada State Law Test in order to obtain your license. Please contact your school representative to schedule your tests with the Nevada State Board of Cosmetology.
If you are licensed in another state, district, or territory you may be eligible for reciprocity (transferring your license to Nevada). Please visit our Reciprocity Information page for more information.